Best fitness purchase you've ever made?

Options

Replies

• jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Here are the purchases I made that I feel have been the best purchases for me:

Inexpensive: Dumbbells
    Somewhat pricey: Fitbit One
    High end purchase: Elliptical machine (both my husband and I use it so we have gotten our money's worth and it even made the move from our apartment to the house)

I also bought a set of Tae Bo amped DVD's on Amazon - it came with 5 discs and a weighted extendable bar. It was only $12 plus shipping. It was also a purchase I was pleased with but didn't put it on this list because you can find them on YouTube.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My JawBone Up. :)
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    my treadmill and nutra bullet.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Herbalife! No, not really.

My Mio Alpha.
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My weight bench and Olympic bar & plates!!
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My food scale and Garmin watch for running
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    My 'Fitness Ball' - that's around $30.00

Using a Fitness Ball is wonderful for my body...

I love that 'long, lean' look and along with my pilates and yoga, the ball has helped to create those long lines.

Great for exercise and relaxation after (stretching it out baby!!)
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    1. gym membership
    2. a Jillian Micheal's dvd
    3. new, better fitting gym clothes
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit One. Keeps me accountable and lets me compete with myself. It was really the motivator for myself when I started my journey and now it's as much a part of my routine as brushing my teeth. First thing I reach for when I'm getting dressed in the AM.
  • teesdolfn
    Options
    For me my best fitnes purchase was my polar heat rate monitor! I LOVE IT!!!!! I've had it for 5 years now and just recently changed the battery. The second best thing for me personally has been my Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Yoga mat
    My 10-class purchase card
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed my fitbit...but kind of got bored with it. The scale that auto-syncs with MFP has probably helped me keep on track the most.
  • jenschroll
    jenschroll Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My boxing gym membership, gloves, hand wraps, catch mitts, bicycle and running shoes. Lots of $$$ but well worth the investment.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    For the Playstation, Just Dance. Its fun and a good workout.
    An account on Runkeeper. I can download training plans for free and when I do 5ks, my friends and family can watch my blip move around the course.
    Songs on Itunes. New exercise music keeps me energized
    and I will jump on the Fitbit bandwagon. I have an older one I dug out after joining MFP, but its still pretty awesome.
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    i got a fit bit zip. ever since ive gotten it, ive been aware of how much activity ive been doing, how much ive been eating, the calories, how far i walked. its really worth it, and cheaper than the other fit bit products
  • toptigerz
    toptigerz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm very glad I've seen this thread! :laugh:

I have been doing the Global Corporate Challenge with work (10,000 steps a day for 100 days) and want something to remind me to stay active and not revert to being a couch potato after work when it's over! I'm thinking maybe a fitbit looking at all the comments, whereas I had previously looked at a Jawbone or Nike band.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My Polar HRM. I love it.

I also invested in some Nike Drifit running socks. They are so comfortable and my feet don't hurt anymore when I'm done walking.

And it may sound funny, but I bought some REALLY good sports bras. When you are a large chested lady like myself, they seriously make a difference :blushing:
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    In order:

My running sneakers (Asics Gel Kayano)
    My HRM (Polar FT7)
    My food scale (off brand, Walmart)
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Garmin GPS watch. Allows me to run wherever I am (lots of business travel) and keep track of distance, etc.
  • tennisgirl444
    tennisgirl444 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My zensah compression leg sleeves. I'm in love.