How'd you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    In a bar! He sat down next to me and introduced himself. We danced until his friends left, then texted for the rest of the night.
  • Owlibee
    Owlibee Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and met my significant other via online dating. Talked for around a month before meeting so we knew each other better.

Been together almost three years now and have our first house :)

Internet dating isnt for everyone, you have to weed out a lot of the "players" or "weird ones" first. I sometimes use to get very strange requests and messages.

If your painfully shy and a introvert like me and my partner are then online dating is a good way to get to know someone.

On our first "date" we played pool and I hit the ball so hard it flew off the table and almost injured someone...twice XD
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    At a tattoo shop..I'm serious. I was 16 and went in with friends ( of coarse we all said that we where 18) anyway, I would sneak out of my window at night to go visit him. my parents where not happy about this and tried to stop it. After a while they realized that they couldn't stop me so let me get married. I'm 34 now and still happily married to him :-)

me too, well apart from the tattoo place, I was 3 months from my 16 and i went to a club with my friend, (we looked 18). and met him there.
    and that was 24 years ago. and two kids.

Yes :-) we looked 18 also, so never got asked to show id. I look back and laugh! My parents would tell me that it wouldn't last and I'd be divorced in a week! Lol. Well now they see it differently. Lol
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    When we were 16. We had crushes on each other but neither one of us knew about each others crush. We both ended up marrying our high school sweethearts. He divorced 7 or 8 years later, and I divorced 20 years later (yes 20 year marraige). We started talking on FB and decided to meet up for lunch. That was a year and a half ago. We now live together and are super happy. I don't regret my marraige because it brought me a daughter, but I really wish I would have hooked up with my SO alot sooner than I did. He's wonderful!
  • minionmichjourney
    minionmichjourney Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    @thorsmom haha mine too.. hes too old for,, it was 5 years! and 10 between my parents.
    the worrying thing is,, I have a 15 year old,, altho,, I know what to look out for,, haha.
  • ncrugbyprop
    ncrugbyprop Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    At a rugby party after a match. I think she thought I might make an interesting sociology study after all the drunken debauchery that was going on. She's probably still trying to figure me out after 14 years.

I wouldn't get too worked up over dating. My sister in law just recently got divorced after 16 years of marriage. It was hard on her during their separation and she had to move in with us for a while. It took some time to really move on, but she realized how much stuff she could do that she enjoyed that her ex had never been willing to do. She made some new friends and is having a great time being single.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to try some of the methods on here lol...
  • keniaclimaco5
    keniaclimaco5 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Met mine at our old job. He used to be my boss.
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I met on Match.com. Neither of us was serious when we made our profiles, he did it as a joke with his friends, I did it because I was mad that my roommate was dating my ex. He winked at me, we talked online and texted for about a month before we met in person. Been together 6 years now, married for 3.
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    My husband and I met in a chat room over 11 years. The night we met, his grandpa had a heart attack. He was at my end of town, so he popped over & we hit it off. He always tells me, "I liked you from the get go. You were shy and hiding behind your hair. It was cute."
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    At a 12-step meeting! Together now for 24 great years! Okay, okay, there might have been a smattering of not-such-great times in there tool! :wink:
  • adrienne454
    Options
    Fetlife.com

Something we don't really tell people, but my family knows.....
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 10 years ago at a summer campground.
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Match.com
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I met my "friend" at a pool party when I was pregnant with my twins...LOL. I was with my now ex-husband at the time. We reconnected again a couple years ago via Facebook. We had always been attracted to each other (even when I was pregnant...lol), but we were finally single at the same time.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I was working at a coffee shop and he came in frequently because he loves coffee. Been together 15 years now.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Doesn't help answer your question, but hubby and I met in High School. :tongue:

One of my girlfriends is on plentyoffish.com and just yesterday told me she met a really great guy (of course there were some duds at first).
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I was a Massage Therapist. My wife was referred to me for a Back Injury about 25 years ago.

Used to come twice a week for treatment.

I fixed her back and she fixed my life.
  • missbirrell
    Options
    Plenty of fish, just over 2 years ago, we went for dinner at a pub a few months after we started talking. I only really went because I wanted to watch the football game that the pub was showing!