How'd you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    In the waiting room at Discount Tire....
  • cocorosalie
    cocorosalie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've known my husband since 7th grade, but it wasn't until we raved together that we got and stayed together :P

The 2011 Alice in Wonderland Rave in TX... good times, good trips.
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Options
    We met in middle school at around age 13. Started dating at 17. Been together 15 years this year :-)
  • WreckaRed
    WreckaRed Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Met at the bar we both frequented back in 2003 when I was 22 years old. We did have some mutual friends (everyone knows everyone in this area). Been together 11 years, married for 6 1/2, 2 beautiful kids.

I realize that most bar meetings do not have these results. :-) He was NOT one that was taken home for the night. We actually watched eachother from different ends of the bar for quite sometime, and he pursued me like crazy before I ditched the guy I was with to date him. Best decision I ever made.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Matchmaker, before there was an internet version. That was in 1993. We married in 1996. Eighteen years and 5 kids later, we're still happily married.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I was his bank teller.
  • ink_b1tch
    ink_b1tch Posts: 101
    Options
    He walked into the Tattoo shop I owned, he was funnier than anyone I had every met. I was with someone at the time, he just stopped in weekly whenever he saw my car parked there, then one day I was free and he asked. That was 3 years ago..He is my everything.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I was a Massage Therapist. My wife was referred to me for a Back Injury about 25 years ago.

Used to come twice a week for treatment.

I fixed her back and she fixed my life.

Aw, what a happy ending!!!

In more ways than one.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    We met in Singapore 3 years ago - I was on my way out of the UK to Australia and he was on his way out of Australia to backpack South East Asia.

We were staying in the same 12 bed hostel in Chinatown and a bunch of us went out for beers and food. I left Singapore the next day and went on to Australia.

Funny thing is, I didn't know anyone in Oz aside from a friend of a friend of a friend in a small backwater town in rural Western Australia.

Guess where his hometown is? We got talking on Facebook and he cut his trip short by 8 months to "see about this girl" who had rocked up in his hometown.

We got married a year ago.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    He walked into the Tattoo shop I owned, he was funnier than anyone I had every met. I was with someone at the time, he just stopped in weekly whenever he saw my car parked there, then one day I was free and he asked. That was 3 years ago..He is my everything.

I thought I was your everything!! :sad:

Seriously though . . . I met mine on this site a little over two years ago. Neither of us was looking for a partner. We'd both sworn off relationships for the forseeable future. We became good friends and then it turned into love. I can't imagine my life without him now.
  • Whagwan83
    Whagwan83 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I met my partner in a pub on Christmas Eve, my local from the area I grew up in.

Silly thing is I had just moved to London for work and this was my first trip back, and we had grown up one road away from each other with plenty of mutual acquaintances but never met before.

Last two and a half years I've had this job in London I've been seeing a lot of the M4 as we try and split the weekends between Bristol and London.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Originally met on Usenet (you know, before all this happy, crappy World Wide Web stuff) -> GeoCities chat rooms -> (in person) wedding in New Orleans for two people that we both knew from GeoCities. Been married 15+ years now.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I met mine in high school, in the library. We are both avid readers. Married 43 happy years, more to come..
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    We met at the Courthouse, on our way to jail!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I was newly sober and wanted to celebrate by getting my navel pierced (I was 38). I was referred to a local "clean and sober" tattoo shop. He was the piercer.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    online... been married for more than 15 years now
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Online, on a MUD (multi-user dungeon, the text forerunner of MMORPGs, you kids get off my lawn) in 1997, been together ever since.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I met my guy on plenty of fish and it was just the perfect fit.
    Our first date was a nature walk along the grand river trails and he was going through a rough time with his family and actually completely unloaded all his problems on me within an hour of meeting me face to face, which knowing him now I know was completely out of character. He jokes I've been his rock since day one.
    We've been together for two years and living together for a year and a half.

OP I highly recommend internet dating; for the most part, it takes the guessing out of the game. People who have profiles are clearly looking for something, and usually they'll indicate if that's a relationship or just fun and games. I think it just puts people on an even field where you know if you're meeting in person that both of you are interested.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    He was the bartender at the bar where I would bring all my match.com dates.