Beachbody.com Workouts, Which would you recommend ?

Ahzuri
Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
I have seen a lot of people on here talk about these workouts and was wondering if they are really worth it. I am not new to working out but I have seen some of the workouts for PX90 (I think thats right) and they would be very difficult for me to do, just don't have the stamina/endurance to do them right now. I still have over 100lbs to lose before I am in the high end of healthy for my height (5'3") but I am stuck to the house right now because we have to cancel our gym membership. So which would be best to start out with?

Replies

• Momof3ggb
    Momof3ggb Posts: 12 Member
    Slim in 6 is what I started out with. It's basic and is a great starting point. My kids like doing it too because it's not too complicated for them. They have a lot of "modified" moves too. Hope this helps!!
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Turbo Jam! it will help you lose the weight to get to your goal weight, then if yo wanna tone and build muscle, thendo insanity or p90X. i HIGHLY recommend the TURBO JAM!! it's my Favorite one and my current workout!! So much fun!
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Power 90, the original is great. It's excellent for beginners! I personally don't know about the other things because I haven't tried them yet!
  • paleonyx
    paleonyx Posts: 32 Member
    I have been doing the P90x lean routine for almost 3 months now and you're right, it is difficult! I had a very hard time starting out, but you can modify some of the workouts. Tony Horton is the "leader" and his motto is "do your best and forget the rest." But before starting, I initially built up my stamina by doing Leslie Sansone "Walk away the pounds" DVD's. I love her and her workouts are GREAT for beginners and moderate exercisers.
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Power 90, the original is great. It's excellent for beginners! I personally don't know about the other things because I haven't tried them yet!
    where did you get your ticker? i LOVE it....think maybe it would be helpful....
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    TurboJam is awesome aerobic workout. Love it!

Power90 or Chalene Extreme- great for building lean muscle to burn fat.

P90X is very intense, never did it, but I've read boards where people talk bout it and it is an awesome program - you just need to be able to give it 200% and need to be willing to work harder than you have ever worked before.
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    I really, really love Turbo Jam! I would recommend it to anyone. Great for someone starting out, and for more advanced workouts. Love it!
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 237 Member
    I second what the first two said. I have both programs, but I love dancing so Turbo Jam would be my favorite of the two. They also have Hip Hop Abs which is really fun as well. All the programs can be modified and they show you how to modify them to suit your need and level. Go for it there's nothing that you can lose out on except for the inches and the weight and what a great feeling it will be. We're all here to support one another, and I'm sure you'll get many more great reviews on exercise workouts!!

By the way I believe my next investment is going to be P90x....I'm not there yet, but I'm going to work it and make it my own until I build my way up!
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    " if i could pick my favorite kevin bacon movie it would be a tie between well.. all of them" baha sorry weird mood today :laugh: they all work if you stick to them
  • airsangel
    airsangel Posts: 50 Member
    Turbo Jam!! I have these & they are great for when yiu are just starting out & also when you are further along in your journey. I love Turbo Jam, I swear by it. It is a very easy workout that provides a big calorie burn & definate results!!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    I like the slim in 6! You feel the burn, especially the lunges and squats!
  • JaimeNay
    JaimeNay Posts: 80 Member
    I'm auctually a beachbody coach. I recommend if you are new to exercise to try Slim in 6. It's a great beginners workout. Burns calories and helps you establish a good workout routine.My friend lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks doing it. If you are wanting a little more then try Turbo Jam, fun and burns the calories.

Chalene Xtreme and Turbo Fire are also great but higher impact/ lean muscle building.

Power90 is a workout program that is geared to get people ready for P90X. I for one started with P90X and love it, though it is more intense but doable.

It really is something you'll have to check into and see what better suits your fitness level. If you'd like my help, just send me a message. Good luck.
  • jlmnk1313
    jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
    I LOVE TURBO JAM!!!! I have about 100 lbs to lose and I can get through this DVD. They have several workouts and a great 20 min work out on those days you don't have a lot of time. It makes you sweat but it's not so hard you give up. If at 100 lbs over weight I can get through them anyone can.

When I get some of this weight off I am going to order the Turbo Fire which is a higher intensity workout. I love Charlene on these workouts because she makes them fun and I find myself laughing at her! lol I have had this DVD for 5 years but it has been put away because I wasn't to a point in my life to use them and get the weight off. I have been on this site for 16 days and have done my turbo jam for at least 13 of those days and I never get bored and actually look forward to doing them, i never thought I would say that!!! lol Great Stress reliever too. Nice combo of kicking, Punching and Dancing! Good music too!

Hope this helps and feel free to friend me if you want to talk more or for a little more encouragement!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Thanks guys I think I'm going to look into Turbo Jam and possibly Slim in 6!
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Slim in 6-- I am totally out of shape and I find this hard enough. I am working hard just making it through the 1st six day section. This section is called Start it up and I will have to repeat it (maybe more than once) before I can move ahead. I do not find it easy but it is something that I do not think is impossible either.
This discussion has been closed.