I hate tracking

Options
Below30
Below30 Posts: 18 Member
There! I said it! I hate to track. I hate trying to figure out how many of everything is in what ever I make! I make so much homemade, so there isn't a label for me to look at and say easy peasy, here's my info. No, I make homemade trail mix, and heroin chicken, and casseroles. This is usually where I fail! I'm trying though. And when I get home tonight, after I go work out, I will figure out all the numbers for my trail mix :)

Replies

• LeashaJ21
    LeashaJ21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are tracking here on MFP, I have found it has most food options - even homemade food options! If you type in 'homemade casserole' for example then select the option that seems to come out with the average amount of calories as a basis and add any extras you may have along with it (e.g. extra veg). It's better to have a rough idea then none at all!

As soon as you start logging it will record all your previous entries so after a few weeks you'll find it easy as no doubt you have had that food before! (If you don't already have the app on your phone advise you get it).

Good luck! :)
  • Below30
    Options
    I'm going to download the app today, and cross my fingers that I use it!
  • LadyHobbledehoy
    LadyHobbledehoy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually try to find recipes online, and follow those. I find that most recipe sites provide the nutrition information on the recipe page. Being able to swap out a couple of things every once in a while is easier to figure out than to figure out every little measurement of every little ingredient.
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I cook almost everything I eat, and I enter every recipe here in the recipe calculator. The new one is so easy, it takes a couple of minutes and you're good to go. In the last two years, I have entered 500 recipes in here and It gets easier everytime.
  • ali_riemer
    ali_riemer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I hate tracking too! I'm so used to WW and how fruits and veggies were all free with moderation. I try to track everything I've made for the day ahead of time, at night I'll change it depending on if I add anything throughout the day, etc. I've really enjoyed the MFP tracking.. compared to WW. MFP does have TONS of options in their database. It's also made me realize my sodium intake, protein, etc.

Hope you enjoy tracking!!
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I cook almost everything I eat, and I enter every recipe here in the recipe calculator. The new one is so easy, it takes a couple of minutes and you're good to go. In the last two years, I have entered 500 recipes in here and It gets easier everytime.

^^ this. the recipe calculator is really easy.
    Create your trail mix in the recipe calculator and eyeball an average portion, now you now the exact, or close enough, amount of cal and nutrient your are getting.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    No, I make homemade trail mix, and heroin chicken, and casseroles.

Heroin chicken?

This could get interesting.

What is this recipe?
  • Below30
    Options
    Google it. There are a few variations, so go with what you like. Basically dip chicken in butter, then "breading", which is parm cheese, paprika, and whatever else you've put in it. Must have garlic. I love making it! It's a bonus that my family likes it too!
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Google it. There are a few variations, so go with what you like. Basically dip chicken in butter, then "breading", which is parm cheese, paprika, and whatever else you've put in it. Must have garlic. I love making it! It's a bonus that my family likes it too!

Did you leave out an ingredient?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I hate tracking too, but I gotta know where my dudes are at all times
    242skna.gif
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options

Poppy seeds?
  • Below30
    Options

There are variations for different things to put in the "breading". It's just finding the one that you like for you. I like a lot of herbs in mine. My husband not as many. Search til you find one you like. :)