100 Day Challenge :) Who wants to join?

Options
So I'm starting a challenge for myself and whoever wants to join! A friend of mine is doing the Whole30 Challenge and inspired me to finally bust my *kitten* on getting healthy.

I am keeping track of my food intake and workouts for 100 days (because Thanksgiving is in 100 days!). I'm sticking to a fairly strict diet of whole foods with a few exceptions. I've created a facebook group for this. Obviously only friends can be added to the group, so I'm wondering how safe that is, if I add whoever wants to join in the challenge as friends? Thoughts?

Anyway, my plan is to upload pictures of my meals, staying within my guidelines (which I will also post) as well as my workouts/calories burned. I would love to have a group of people dedicated to a healthy lifestyle who will also post about their daily life and encourage others! I'd love feedback on any easier/safer ways to do this, also I want to know if anyone wants to join me?!

Replies

• starbucktigh
    starbucktigh Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea! I love tying this in to Thanksgiving - having 100 days of healthy living is something to be thankful for! I am not big on joining Facebook groups, but I'd be happy to check in here and keep this thread going.
  • daniellerusbult2
    daniellerusbult2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is such a good idea! I love tying this in to Thanksgiving - having 100 days of healthy living is something to be thankful for! I am not big on joining Facebook groups, but I'd be happy to check in here and keep this thread going.

I feel the same way! It is definitely something to be thankful for! Also, I find it very difficult to keep up with the threads or groups on MFP, so that's why I thought a facebook group would work out much better! It's just something that we can easily see every day. It's also much easier to upload pictures and whatnot via mobile.

I'd love if you could join! We've got a few more in another thread I started. I'll be blocking my personal info from group members, so that there's no safety issue.
  • art_is_ink
    art_is_ink Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I'm jumping in on this too and will follow this thread as well. :)
  • Lilla35
    Lilla35 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • daniellerusbult2
    Options
    What a great idea! I'm jumping in on this too and will follow this thread as well. :)

Would you like to be a part of a facebook group? I don't mind at all if you guys would like to use this thread for the same purpose, but it is just very difficult for me to keep up with when I'm not on a computer :( Facebook is a great platform for me!
  • elizdodd
    Options
    I'm in! Could do with a bit of motivation at the moment - been vegan 11 years and in a bit of a cooking (and weight loss) rut!
  • SagaciousMarie
    SagaciousMarie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to be apart of the group. I need all the motivation I can get. BTW when O created a Facebook group people didn't have to be my friends for me to accept them. I have a pretty secure page so I don't know if you have a certain setting on or what but you may not need to add everyone as friends
  • jamie_maddox
    jamie_maddox Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of a FB group!
  • daniellerusbult2
    Options
    I guess you can invite by email..... brilliant! :) Send me a message with your email, and I will add you!
  • cristyfarah11
    cristyfarah11 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want to be part of this challenge!! I need to lose 10 lbs in 100 days, that's reasonable, right?
    And I'm gonna add squats to the challenge too. I have a friend that lost 19 lbs in 100 days with her own challenge called "100 squats a day for 100 days". Maybe I'll do 50 squats a day for 100 days!!
    Yay I love challenges!
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    If you wanna be really hardcore you could do 101 days and INCLUDE Thanksgiving in there. Who's in??
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well!
  • mannu22
    mannu22 Posts: 2
    Options
    i would join. i started today.
  • snf78
    snf78 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I'm just starting here at MFP and this group would be a great way to keep motivated and on track!!
  • daniellerusbult2
    Options
    I want to be part of this challenge!! I need to lose 10 lbs in 100 days, that's reasonable, right?
    And I'm gonna add squats to the challenge too. I have a friend that lost 19 lbs in 100 days with her own challenge called "100 squats a day for 100 days". Maybe I'll do 50 squats a day for 100 days!!
    Yay I love challenges!

Wow! 19lbs just from squats?! Crazy! Send me your email in a message or post on here and I'll add you the group!

If you wanna be really hardcore you could do 101 days and INCLUDE Thanksgiving in there. Who's in??

Ha! You're crazy! I also leave for Vegas on Thanksgiving night, so that's why I'm not including that day :) But the group doesn't just have to be for 100 days. It can be any amount. Just set your goals!

EVERYBODY ELSE, SEND ME A MESSAGE WITH YOUR EMAIL, PLEASE, AND I'LL ADD YOU TO THE GROUP!
  • Reneesjourney2bfit
    Reneesjourney2bfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sure I would do.
  • flissy5
    flissy5 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, but I'd rather do it on here rather than on Facebook.
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I prefer the FB option though. I agree that these threads are difficult to follow.
  • Mnecka
    Mnecka Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome!!! I'd much rather here than the book of faces. I hate that place....
  • daniellerusbult2
    Options
    Feel free to use this thread to do so, but I won't be keeping up with it :(

I've got a few people on the facebook group, but you do NOT have to be friends with me to do so! I have my privacy settings pretty secure, so I think it'll work out great!

Send me a message with your email, and I can send you an invite!