Options
    Workout less.
    Eat less.
    Have patience.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Patience!

I have been at this for a year, and work out very regularly....but it took time for me to figure out the correct workout schedule/mix with the correct calorie/macro breakdown....Even though I am only down 5 lbs since last August, I have also lost over 10% body fat and a clothing size. But it took time.
  • ashlando
    ashlando Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    2 weeks isn't long enough to see any results, whether fitness or physical.

What are you doing in the gym for 90 minutes? If you are doing the right things, there is no need to workout for that long.

Give it some more time - it will probably take closer to 4-6 weeks to see/feel results.
  • kenyainez
    kenyainez Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was just talking about this on my time line with my friends. I was losing about 1 -2 lbs per week consistently for about two months or so and then it stopped for two weeks on me also. Yes I was tracking my food, yes i was counting my calories, yes I was weighing my food, yes I was making sure everything fit my macros, and yes I was drinking a gallon of water a day. LOL. My workouts were a combination of cardio and weights and I was doing something different every five weeks. I'd lost a solid 20 lbs and then...nothing....and I do mean nothing. I didn't lose any more, I didn't gain any more, my weight stayed the same, and my inches stayed the same. I'd done some research and saw that it could be the result of a plateau or the body simply stalling and getting re-adjusted. Since then, I've decided to only do something for about 3-4 weeks and then change up to keep my body guessing. But above all else, don't quit tho. Quitting is something that shouldn't ever come across our minds because that's for sure failure and you'll just begn to slip backwards. No matter what keep pushin! Best of luck to you! :0) \o/
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. I do have un underactive thyroid and am taking meds for it. I currently am walking at 3 mph at a 2.5 incline on the treadmill for 1 hour, then ride the bike for 30 mins. I realize its only been 2 weeks but most I know lose quite a bit in the first 2 weeks of eating right and exercise. I'm going to give it a month then hopefully see some weight loss.

I think you may get better results if you do interval training on the teadmill for 30-45 minutes. Increase the speed to the fatest you can walk for 15-30 seconds, then slow it back down to 3mph for 2-3 minutes... and keep repeating. As you get fitter, you will able to go faster for longer and reduce the amount of time you need to walk slower. If this is tough to do on an incline, then reduce it a little bit.

Back to your OP, I don't think anyone can advise you on why you've not lost a bit more weight than 0.4 pounds in 2 weeks without seeing your diary.
  • dazwan
    dazwan Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just read the bit about the Thyroid! Ignore what I said earlier, Hypo changes everything. For anyone who's not had thyroid problems its difficult to understand.

I've had an overactive thyroid (great for weight loss, not so great on the heart) and I'm currently in remission. But with the meds (Carbimazole) it put me under for a while and I felt awful, plus I put on 2st in as many weeks, despite exercise and barely eating anything.

Don't sweat it with the thyroid, you're doing well just to get motivated. I used to come home and just sleep when I was hypothyroid. All the usual advice may as well just go out the window until your treatment is sorted out, have you spoken to your GP (or consultant if you are attending a clinic)? they may be able to refer you to a dietician who can help far more than anyone on here.

Good luck! Living with a dodgy thyroid is hell!!! you have my sympathies.