How Often Do you Weigh Yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Every day and I only keep the lowest weight in that week.
    If the scale goes up then I work harder to get back to the old weight.
    If it goes down.. I would go so happy and proud of my weight loss so I stick to my diet.

I don't weight myself when it's time of the month.
    Actually 1 week before that time of the month since I know the scale is not far from accurate.
  • jimrogers
    jimrogers Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but record it once per week.

I do it on Saturdays so that when it posts to my FB page a higher number of friends see my progress! :smile:
  • marieisthecool
    marieisthecool Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record every day. seeing the number motivates me and seeing the number of pounds lost makes me want to work harder to keep them off. if I don't weigh myself often i talk myself out of excercising and in to eating poorly
  • I weigh myself 3 times a week. Moday to see if I did any damage over the weekend, Wednesday just for curiosity and Friday to see if I have accomplished anything. I only update my weight when there is a change that lasts more than a week. Being a female our weight fluctuates so much its rediculous! lol.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Like 10x a day... no joke.

why? we have normal daily fluctuation that cause us to usually weigh more throughout the day due to ingesting food and fluid.

well duh.. but it works for me and thats all that matters
  • svackar
    svackar Posts: 33
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log/record my weight weekly on Monday night.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at my work's gym after I work out each time (I work out on every lunch break, so 5x per week). sometimes I weigh myself at home but my scale isn't as accurate so I kinda take that figure with a grain of salt.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

why? we have normal daily fluctuation that cause us to usually weigh more throughout the day due to ingesting food and fluid.

They were just asking your reasoning behind it. No need to be a jerk.
  • mushy201
    Options
    I usually weigh myself each morning before eating or drinking, but I only count it on friday mornings.
  • myminime
    myminime Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know that it is not recommended, but I weight myself every morning. I can tell when there are some foods, that for some reason, make a difference in my weight loss. I like to know what those are before I continue with them in my diet. However, when I was with weight watcher's, things I ate on Monday would show up on Wednesday or later. If we follow the program, the weight will come off. I truly believe that.
  • I know that it is not recommended, but I weight myself every morning. I can tell when there are some foods, that for some reason, make a difference in my weight loss. I like to know what those are before I continue with them in my diet. However, when I was with weight watcher's, things I ate on Monday would show up on Wednesday or later. If we follow the program, the weight will come off. I truly believe that.

You are very right.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options

They were just asking your reasoning behind it. No need to be a jerk.

i didnt know that was jerky...but cuz im obessed? if I walk by it and dont get on it i will think about it and think about it and cant focus on anything else until i go back and weigh myself.
  • meandmyheart
    meandmyheart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My friend is currently doing Weight Watchers, and she weighs in on Tuesdays. So I made it a point to weigh in on the days that she does. Once a week! Then we share our results. :)
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning before I work out and wear the same gym outfit when I weigh.

More than that will drive most crazy, especially because of fluid fluctuation.
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays and Fridays.
  • mommamo5
    Options
    I record my weight on Friday mornings BUT I can't help but to weigh myself every morning...