coffee crisis

Options
2»

Replies

• alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a Keurig and drink at lease one cup of decaf coffee with Stevia and creamer. It comes out to about 30 calories for the 1 tablespn of creamer that I use which is liquid hazelnut creamer. I buy different brands.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 cups daily with cream and honey (cuz I don't do much in the way of processed stuffs) and I love it. I don't care that I'm drinking calories, those are some of my favourite calories of the day! I just make it fit into my allowance and move on :)
  • Lost_in_Transformation
    Options
    Giving up the Mountain Dew makes room for a little cream and sugar... So enjoy your coffee:drinker:
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    The key to long term success is not to diet, but rather to eat the way you are able to sustain for the rest of your life. Would the quality of your life be reduced without cream and sugar? Would you miss it a lot? If so, fit it into your day.

I personally haven't given up anything - if it's got a lot of calories, I simply eat less of it and less often. Sometimes I go for long periods where I crave chocolate, so I eat a serving of delicious, high quality chocolate chips every night after dinner. Sometimes I don't feel like chocolate so I don't eat any. But if I deprived myself of chocolate, cut it out of my diet, put it on the banned list, I know I would obsess about it, eat a whole chocolate bar in one sitting and then feel bad. So, I don't :)
  • eggomylegos
    eggomylegos Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Only coffee crisis is when you don't have any.

Fit it into your day and enjoy it!

I came running in here cause I thought OP had no more coffees :/

Same. I was going to organize a donation event.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong w/ drinking your coffee however you prefer. But if you want to cut back on calories and whatever else...you could always try cutting back gradually, that is kind of what I have done. At some point in the past I used agave sweetener (which I now think is crap, JMHO) and flavored creamer. Then I switched over to just a bit of 1% milk and a packet of sweetener (various types) which seemed sad at first but in only a couple of weeks I was so accustomed to it, I came to prefer it and couldn't really stomach the strongly flavored non-dairy creamers. After a year of that I switched over to using a splash of unsweetened original almond milk and 1 packet of Stevia (as a more natural sweetening alternative) but I felt it did not sweeten my coffee at all! So after I ran out of Stevia, I just stopped adding sweetener all together. I seriously don't miss it. I still put in a splash of almond milk but I can now drink coffee "black" and a couple of years ago I thought that was disgusting.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-6 cups a day and I use sugar free coffee mate. I weigh my creamer so that I know exactly how much is going in there so I don't accidentally consume 200 calories in creamer instead of just 90.

There's nothing wrong with coffee. Drink it if you like it.

Related note: There's nothing wrong with drinking Dt. Mt. Dew either. I drink both. If you have issues with it like aspartame sensitivity, then change your habits from there but if you don't have any issues, there's zero reason (outside of tin foil hat reasons) to give it up.
  • eturbo2
    eturbo2 Posts: 1
    Options
    http://www.eatright.org/Public/content.aspx?id=6442477202

This article from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests that coconut oil may not have all the nutritional benefits to live up to its hype. I would check this out and may consider a different alternative for my coffee!
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm on cup #4 so far this morning... no guilt yet.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I never liked sugar in my coffee but I would use flavored creamer. I switched to coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 instead so I could cut a few of the calories and carbs (1 g carb per 2 Tbl vs 10 for the creamer I used).

Do whatever you like that also fits in with your calorie and macro goals.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I drink two cups of coffee a day with cream and sugar, just make sure you log :)
  • lauraeisenman1
    lauraeisenman1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk (you can find it in small cartons!) is a fun way to add flavor...

The moral of the story? Life is WAY worse without coffee!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I've been there. If you ever decide to quit, taper down so you don't get the headaches.

Getting between an addict and their drug? No, thanks!

If you want your caffeine, have it.