• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Anchovies.

I'd eat anything for love

But I wouldn't eat THAT

^ This and red beets.

I love red beets!

I share your love of red beets! I'm eating a salad brimming over with red beets right now. Seriously, they must have put 2 cups of sliced beets in this salad! I love beets, but this is a bit much.
  • abear007
    abear007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    There are certain foods we all try to give up completely when starting a new diet. What have you banned (or tried to ban) from your life? Pizza, pasta, soda, and red meat are on mine. Have you had long term success with banning these foods from your diet?
    I've had success with banning 98% of the sugar and refined wheat I used to eat. I love spaghetti so that made it tough, but haven't had any in months at this point. Pizza I still enjoy once every month or two - thin crust of course. :wink:
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I will happily eat all of the red beets and sea urchin that no one else seems to want:) Uni is the best!

I was thinking more about this question while grocery shopping this morning and I do have some more definite NO's - diet food!

Any of those diet ice cream sandwiches, cookies, baked chips, things like that. They trick me into over indulging and I fall for it every time. It's doubly bad, since they are full of gross processed chemicals and extra carbs to make up for the fat.
  • l_ashley
    l_ashley Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Nutella is not allowed in the house. I am so weak for it that I will sit in the corner of my house and eat it out the bottle with a spoon. So it is banned, although I love it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Anchovies.

I'd eat anything for love

But I wouldn't eat THAT

^ This and red beets.

I love red beets!

I share your love of red beets! I'm eating a salad brimming over with red beets right now. Seriously, they must have put 2 cups of sliced beets in this salad! I love beets, but this is a bit much.

I love red beets (all beets, really) AND kind of like anchovies!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options

Foods that I can’t seem to give up (although I want to)

3.Coffee – I need this in the morning, else there is no way I am getting out of bed.

COFFEE IS A FREAKING HEALTH FOOD! It is a great source of potassium, very very low calorie too if you drink it black like me...I think a cup has like, 3 calories in it, lol.

I will never, ever, ever, ever under any circumstances EVER give up coffee. There is no need to. For a while I thought it was the cause of my digestive upset but I think it was the bread products. Since I cut them out I have no digestive issues at all so pour me another cuppa. NOW.
  • sarahtsabo
    sarahtsabo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    If I was back home, Scrapple would be on my plate every. single. morning. I love it and I miss it. It could never be a NO for me!!! - But since I only have it once a year, I make it count :)
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    At first it was anything that made me hungrier after eating it instead of less hungry. But that has started to include some highly nutritious foods instead of just bready and/or sweet foods. So now I'm saying no to anything with very little nutritional value (except tic-tacs, but those aren't for my benefit, they're for anyone who gets near my onion and garlic eating face. Little good though they do).

I'm saying sometimes but not every day to anything that is nutritious but that I tend to eat a lot of calories of in a sitting. Like my homemade trail mix and my homemade banana berry cake.

And alcohol is a weekly or bi-weekly treat that I probably should say no to, but I like my one grown up vice. Lately I wait until I've already had a high calorie day to have a drink because if I'm already stuffed to bursting I'm less likely to pig out from the alcohol munchies. In fact, last time I actually went for a slightly tipsy run rather than raid the fridge. It was fun, too. I hope none of the neighbors heard me singing.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Real sugar soda (unless I have a hangover), snack cakes, Daiquiris, maple syrup, more than a cup of any one thing.
  • gidiglondi
    gidiglondi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Soda (mainly cola). I was an avid soda drinker, and that is one of the things I slowly took out of my diet. Before I started my weight loss journey, I would need to have one with every meal. Now I don't crave it all anymore! :wink:
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Soda, but thats even when I don't diet.

Fast food is a big no no, very sweet sauces are a big no as well. Anything goes though as long as I meet my macros (But I focus on healthy stuff anyways)
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "no" list, never have.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Kale. I will not eat it. Ever again. I do not like it.

Everything else I've ever encountered is a YES. Well maybe no balut either, but I don't see that readily available in the US.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I only have people on my "No" list, not foods.

Seriously...
    I don't have any foods on my "No" list. Even some I've never tried, I want to leave myself open to at least trying them one day and possibly liking them no matter how gross they seem. Calamari, I'm looking at you!
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people who do not have a "no" list... but recently, I cannot control myself when I eat peanut butter and nutella.
    Together. Right off the spoon.
    So I'm avoiding that combo for now.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    oh...after reading comments, wrong type of 'no' list.....was thinking something else....

carry on.....
  • wallelf1
    wallelf1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Oreos
  • ByronJP
    ByronJP Posts: 67
    Options
    I do not have a "no" list but more or less an avoid as much as possible list lol. Beer, cheese in excess (love the stuff), fast food and other junk food. I am a big fan of all foods I just try and stay away from the ones that are not healthy.
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Anything with gluten (I have celiac disease) which means most of the fun stuff. :angry:

Anything with xanthan or guar gum as an ingredient, which means most of the fun gluten free stuff. :huh:

I haven't eaten red meat for 40 years.

Other than that, it's all fair game!