MFP Gamers, what is your ultimate accomplishment?

Options

Replies

• shane_tac1
    shane_tac1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When Final Fantasy 7 came out on PS1 I spent the week non stop playing it so i could be one of the first to complete it. I would fall asleep with the controller in my hand and wake up and carry on playing. Lived off 10 minute pizza and Pepsi that week.
    It beat going to college anyway.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Cleared the first third of Scholo in vanilla WoW. In a two-man group. Ran group Scholo, several times, in <2 minutes with zero deaths (also vanilla WoW)... Quit while I was ahead... :laugh: :drinker: :glasses:
  • BIGBMF
    BIGBMF Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also once quit a job to play mech assault. Have played 4 games for 72 hours without sleep. Those games were gauntlet on original xbox, halo2, halo 3, and gears of war.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    First cleric to get her epic on the server.

How long did stay up?

I could twist four songs reliably with only the stopsong macro.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Well beating the Zelda games was always a crazy accomplishment in my pre-teen years (Ocarina of time and Majora's mask). Then there was getting back to back glaive drops back in BC. And most recently (yes I still game) grinding to gold ranking in league of legends. ^_^ Might be getting fit but will always be a nerd at heart
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I seduced the guy who owned our guild's Vent server into marrying me. I miss the WOW days. :drinker:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Maxing out my character in Dragon Warrior.

http://youtu.be/LXzikedPY08?t=30s

Metal slimes FTMFW
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I remember some game where you danced and there were aliens that did capoeira and I got a bit obsessed one christmas and I smashed that game. So I'm proud of that.
  • UsernameisNick
    Options
    Beat Contra without the Konami Code
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

Metal slimes FTMFW
    I think I only managed to beat one once.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

Metal slimes FTMFW

they were concentrated in a narrow strip on the SE corner of the map, and you had to be pretty far along (way past when you encountered them during the parts of the game you were actually there) to be able to kill them before they ran away.

I forget the wording, but basically if you didn't get a "lucky hit" they just ran away...

just 4 measly HP if memory serves...
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    When I placed first in every single race in Gran Turismo (including the 5 hour endurance races), GT2, GT3, and GT4. Aw yeah. I even did a few of the 24 hour races solo.
  • valkaree
    valkaree Posts: 519
    Options
    conquering Legend of Zelda on my Nintendo. It was epic
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    FFXI - our puller grabbed aggro on a chain of goblins coming out of the tunnels in Valkurm Dunes. I was the healer, a taru WHM (I know female healer, totally sterotypical...bite me). We should have died. There were higher levels standing around... some just to watch the blood bath for their own entertainment, some hoping to level up their revive spell. Nobody did anything. They just watched. Cold and heartless. Through team work and communication, the tank was able to keep the aggro while the damage dealers did their worst. Luckily, we were all stocked up on potions/food, we all had the right gear for our levels and we were all subbed in the correct jobs for our main. TP and MP macros dinged, skill chain announcements lit up the screen. Everyone did exactly as their characters were designed to do. Everyone used their two hour. We should have died...but we didn't. /cheer and /applause and /salute and /dance emotes broke out among the crowd that had gathered. It wasn't just a gg, it was epic.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    First cleric to get her epic on the server.

How long did stay up?

I could twist four songs reliably with only the stopsong macro.

Kick *kitten*. Sleep? What was that?
  • The_Enginerd
    Options

Metal slimes FTMFW

they were concentrated in a narrow strip on the SE corner of the map, and you had to be pretty far along (way past when you encountered them during the parts of the game you were actually there) to be able to kill them before they ran away.

I forget the wording, but basically if you didn't get a "lucky hit" they just ran away...

just 4 measly HP if memory serves...
    Yep. They didn't come up very often even if you were in the right area and they ran off most of the time. They were worth a bunch of Experience Points, which was awesome if you could get one when you were trying to level up at the lower levels.
  • The_Enginerd
    Options
    I'll also add, getting a full combo on Tsugaru on Heavy. Only the cool kids will understand.

This was a really fun one to do with the gallops:
    http://youtu.be/CBx7SWOPAGk
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    ...bump. I need some nerd to get me through this day.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Getting 2 Killionaires in ONE match of Halo 4 Griffball. #Beastmode.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    The one thing that stands out was winning a original Street Fighter competition with Chun Lee at a blockbuster store. Lol.