Nerdy Pagan Stay at home Mom here :)

Options
Hi I am new to myfitnesspal. I am dfwearthmama or meg ;) I have had weight issues my whole life, though I am proportionate someone somewhere always has something to say about my weight, and I'm done with it. I have 3 children, two girls and a baby boy. We home school too. I am an artist by trade and book worm by choice. I joined this site because i was having some issues with feeling dizzy, confused, sweaty etc, and my new doc said i am pre-diabetic...which floored me because I exercise 20 min a day every day since the middle of my last pregnancy, i eat healthy-when I eat. Which is apparently part of the problem lol. I would wait until dinner to actually have a real meal and have the crust of my kids sandwiches at lunch just because i wasn't really hungry. Doc said STOP IT lol. So now I have to check my sugar levels ( which have never been over 101) before and after every meal and i have to make myself eat. I am now on a modified ketogenic diet, which means very little carbs, a bit more protein, and lots of natural fat ( and that is where I modified it-im subbing half with lots of leafy greens) I need to lose 90 lbs, right now I am 273 and I cried my heart out when I saw that.

Anyways that was long lol. Nice to meet you! and Good Luck to all!

dfweartmama

Replies

• homemadehippy
    homemadehippy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations on taking this step towards better health. This is a great place to be. I was in the same place as you health-wise and have lost 80-ish pounds. I'm Pagan too, friend me if you want. My "friends" on here are a great bunch of positive people (no negativity allowed!) so if you are looking for other friends, they are a great bunch.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    You can do this...it is achievable! Add me and I'll cheer for you along the way!
  • Theotherkels
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also a stay-at-home-mama, artist, and a bookworm! This is a great site, and there are lots of wonderful people here for support. Feel free to friend me :)
  • marylynn85
    marylynn85 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a nerdy, atheist, artist, book work, stay at home mom. I also have 3 kids, all girls. I sent you a friend request.

Good luck!!
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also a stay at home mom, book worm, and fall somewhere in the area between atheist and agnostic. Feel free to add me :-)
  • JoshLikesBeer
    JoshLikesBeer Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. I'm some kind of an atheistic pagan something-or-other. Feel free to add me if you like. That goes for others in the thread also.
  • amandariegel1
    Options
    Hi!

I am new to the site as well, jsut starting my fitness journey. I love your title btw. What kind of paganism do you study? I'm a pagan work at home mom :) Good luck on your journey!
  • Indigomami
    Indigomami Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm soooo nerdy and call myself agnostic, humanist so def pagan friendly :-). Welcome! Those pounds are sneaky and creep up, no more crying your eyes out (hugs). We can do this :-)
  • gkaffen338
    Options
    Welcome! I have personally found the community to be very inspiring. I am also at the beginning of my journey and having a great time. I look forward to following your progress.

Greg
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow - finally had to do a search for pagans on here - somehow I seem to have attracted several people who blame the devil for their weight on here

I'm a 46 YO stay at home mom (thanks Fibro) nd kitchen witch... parent to an agnostic/Humanist 15 YO and wife to Norse Hubby of 21 years. I am also on the Board of Directors at the local Ethical Society (AWESOME!)

Also sci-fi lover, from Trek to Star Wars to Dr Who - love classic sci fi as well! Oh, and Fantasy genres too.

I home school my son whose current school project is making a full set of HALO armor......

Is there any kind of Pagan groups on MFP that I am just not finding, so those of us of like mind can hang out?
    :drinker:
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I had to do a search too! We should definitely start a group. Queer Brythonic recon here, trying to lose 115lbs (to start). My Big Guy is Camulos, so I've been doing a lot of praying for victory. Which with him is sort of his thing. VICTORY. ALL THE VICTORY YOU CAN HANDLE.