Feeling disheartened

Options
2»

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Judging by your pictures and ticker you have nothing to lose and your body probably knows that!
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Maybe your at a platue
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lol what magically happens at 8st is that I feel better and look better ....

nope... eating what you're eating and doing a load of cardio wont make you look better... smaller maybe, but still squidgy and soft.
  • minhy
    minhy Posts: 5
    Options
    Also to add, you will still lose weight if you keep at it with how you're going. You may even reach your goal weight, but it will take a long time, and there's a high chance you won't look healthy at all. And once you reach your goal weight, and you return to a maintenance normal diet, guess what happens. You're body doesn't know what to the with the extra calories you're given it because it's been surviving on 1200 calories a day and it'll store it as fat, and you have to do it all over again.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Are you eating at a calorie deficit? I can't see anything logged...
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Fanny, I am 5ft2 as well and you are actually at my goal weigth.
    I attained it 2 years ago, and it was the weight when people (apart from each other), were starting to show concern about my weight loss.
    However, even at that weight, I was still showing a belly. And that was true, even in my twenties, before having kids, and weighing less than your goal of 8 stones.

This time around, I want to reach that weight again, as it is my all-time feelgood weight, no matter what anyone says, but I will need to get into body recomposition when I do, so that I actually look the part.

I have a feeling our overall goals are similar, but perhaps for you as well, at this weight, a further decrease on the scale should not be your goal, but a tightening of your body.

You will find lots of threads with very wise people here, and with valuable advise on how to go about it.
    Also, you have a PT, he will know what to do.

Good luck, and please keep your fingers crossed that I am where you are now, by the end of this year!