How'd you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• ToddGisMe
    Options
    I do not have a "significant other" at the moment, but I am looking for one in the "Pass, Hug, Spank, Dance, Marry or Date - part 50 " thread in the message boards!
  • red66stang
    Options
    I met my wife at a friend's engagement party. I was single and she was dating the groom's best friend. I asked her out in front of her date, she said yes, and we've been together ever since.
  • Flacachica
    Flacachica Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    intermural Volleyball league
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    My flatmate had a casual relationship with a guy and they decided to set me up with his flatmate. We've been married 6 years and have a 2 year old
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby at the office. He was on vacation when I started my new job. The whole week he was away the people I worked with kept saying ...wait til you meet Don...well he finally came back to work the next week. He was tall, my age and very funny. I was doing the online dating thing after being widowed 8 years earlier. We became friendly and I even made him a profile on the dating site I was on. Well one thing led to another and we got together. We got married 11/11/11. He is still funny...
  • bigboy2099
    bigboy2099 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Out of all places, and least expecting to meet anyone. I met her on here (MFP). I was very happy living the single life, and one day ran into a post that caught my eye from her. She intrigued me, and I sent her a friend request. We really dint chat much at all, just a few likes here and there... She was doing some cleaning up on her friends list and just about deleted me too... lucky for me she didnt, and reached out to me bout a Disney marathon im training for... from there we chatted more and became good friends.. and the rest is history.... oh btw~ shes running the Disney marathon with me now.... exciting times.... good luck!
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I met my husband online. I had never done the online dating thing but I told my mom that I was tired of dating the same type of guy and I told her my requirements for my next boyfriend. She took that info and ran with it. She put me on Yahoo and on plenty of fish. When I read her description of me I changed it right away. My bestfriend was reading it over my shoulder to make sure it was good and my now husband winked at me. I didn't know what to say so my bestie (who is a guy) talked to him for a few hours until I felt comfortable doing it alone. The first time we talked we were on the phone for hours, we met a month later and I knew that day that I was going to marry him. A year later we were married. We always joke that he dated my male bestfriend first.
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    High school. :blushing:

I was dating his best friend when I first met him, and he waited for me through that boyfriend and the next. He was/is such a strong personality type and so different from what I was 'attracted' to, that the idea of dating him scared me. I sort of knew that if I started to date him, it would be all over from there.

And it was. lol. Once we were out of high school we started dating and have been dating ever since. We've been together for 11 years and going strong.
  • mlanders22
    mlanders22 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Since the age of 20 every guy I've dated I have met on online dating sites. Perhaps I need to venture elsewhere since that really hasn't worked out for me so far.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Fetlife....... :devil:
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    On a Broken Lizard message board that no longer exists.
  • GoGoGirl1111
    GoGoGirl1111 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I met my man online Tagged : He is from Senegal and lives in Norway: We have been skyping for 4 years and he will be here in December: It has had it's ups and downs, but I am now ready to commit :)

I tried other dating sites, met a few men, but was never interested enough to commit fully:

I never thought I would fall in love again, but he stuck in there and worked on me lol

I find sites like Tagged which are social sites better than dating sites: Or Meetme is another good one:
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Met my ex when I was a foster parent for a special needs child. He was the driver who picked her up to take her to her day-program. He told me years later that the moment he saw me he knew we'd be married at some point. Had two great kids and are still very friendly towards one another.

Met my current SO on Facebook. He was a friend of my niece's and we chatted on her wall many times. He says he used to creep my profile pics and worry how he could contact me directly without seeming weird. :glasses: He got over his nervousness and on August 31 it will be three years together. He's my best friend and I totally adore the man. :love:
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I met my husband through my ex-boyfriend (they are cousins) :noway: . Hubby and I went on a date 19 years ago and have been together ever since. Married for almost 17 years now :love: :smooched:
  • JT_Taylor99
    Options
    Met my ex here on MFP, totally unexpected, pleasantly surprised, totally consumed, then it flamed out. Now we aren't even friends.
  • lynn2064
    lynn2064 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I met mine via work we were both staying in the same hotel for work when a tornado touched down near the hotel and in several other neighborhoods nearby. We were part of the immediate response team and spent a week together for the response. Pretty random since I lived in Chicago and he lived in Austin,TX.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Met my hubs at a gas station 20 years ago....
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options

that was some gas station - man with fuel top up :smile:
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

that was some gas station - man with fuel top up :smile:

He was driving an el Camino, how could I resist. ????
  • Pippa_ttc
    Pippa_ttc Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Met my husband about 7 years ago on World of Warcraft. He was the cheeky, flirty main tank of my guild and I used to find him very annoying... :explode: :laugh: