Do I have a food intolerance?

Options
So I have an appointment for an ALCAT food allergy/intolerance test in 2 weeks. But I am pretty positive I have a food allergy/intolerance. What do you think?

For the past week I have been eating pretty clean: lots of chicken & pork (grilled) with brown rice, veggies, and some tofu . I eat A LOT of grains ie brown rice, rice noodles etc but I have not been eating any bread or dairy or beef. I am not sure why, but I have noticed I'd been feeling really good...until sunday.

Sunday I ate an "all natural" beef hotdog on a bun loaded with cheese and bacon w a few fries. I know soooo bad, but I had been eating so healthy and working out for over a week I figured one "cheat meal" couldnt hurt.

5 hours after eating it I felt ill-- NOT food poisoning ill, just unwell. And the next day I was a total mess. My body ached, I felt like I had been drugged- lightheaded, heart palpitations, my arms were flushed, I was swollen (esp my stomach), my stomach ached but I had no gastro issues. I also noticed that whenever I ate something, anything, I would feel a little ill.

2 days later, I feel better but not great

Now, normally Id assume food poisoning, but these symptoms happen quite often to me after eating and I noticed them more when i eat bread, dairy, and beef or cured meat. I noticed them less the last week I ate clean and plain.

Replies

• NorthernCardinal
    NorthernCardinal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Theres no such thing as an all natural hotdog, is there? Like they consist of naturally occuring things like lips, tits, and arseholes...lol, but usually they're full of salt, nitrates, and preservatives. I dont know, what was the brand?
  • SuperJo1972
    SuperJo1972 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I had a bad weekend there and I know by the end of Monday I felt awful because I'd eaten badly. It made me realise how much better I feel when I eat better.

As you've been eating healthier, it's probably your body's reaction to the shock of so much highly processed and additive laden food - you really don't know what's in them.

Plus I see you have had some intolerance issues with red meat lately. Maybe not a bad thing that you are getting tested.

Your new regime is obviously working for you so maybe steer clear of the "dogs" and the like for a while? Well done for having a healthy week up to that point though, it's not easy to make such a drastic change.

Hope you feel better soon.