30 day shred!!!

Options
Hi guys,

Im going to start the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am really motivated and want to meet my weight goal by my wedding (8-20)!
Do any of you have any success stories or advice?

I hope it helps to step up my exercise goals!

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm still at the beginning of my journey, but I am starting 30 day shred this weekend. Anyone else want to start this weekend? I've heard week 1 is tough. I'd like someone to moan and groan with! :noway:
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I started doing this end of December and I've been logging my experience daily. I'm on Day 24 tomorrow! I think my tummy has flatten a bit but mostly my endurance and energy has improved immensely!

I definitely recommended. Add me as a friend and we can support each other!

Tiffany
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have that DVD too, I've been do her other DVD "Last Chance Workout" but I will start with you guys if you want? Pick a date!
  • jenlayport
    jenlayport Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Me! I lost 20 lbs the first round of the 30DS and started round 2 around Jan 1st. I do it 5 days a week now and jog on Saturday. I love it! She really keeps pushing you. I even got my husband doing it now!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am half way through it. I lost 7 pounds the first week. I weigh in for the second week on Sunday. I have had several people comment on how much smaller I look since I started it.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you are not prone to working out or haven't worked out in a bit.. do the modified version, and don't push yourself or you will be extremely sore the first 3-4 days. I know this because I started the shred, was too sore the first few days and didn't do it, then got sick and then restarted the days about 2 weeks after the first try. When I did the modified exercises and didn't push so hard, I wasn't really that sore, just enough to know I had done a good workout.

It is AWESOME!!

Those are just my thoughts. Have Fun and Good Luck!
  • ouryear002
    Options
    For the 30 day starters, let's start tomorrow!
  • laurascott20
    Options
    What day are you starting? :smile:
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!!! I started this mornign but couldnt finish ...she is one tough cookie!
  • Bethy25
    Bethy25 Posts: 73
    Options
    I just started it this past Monday. Definetly do the modified version and stretch your quads extra at the end. I was VERY sore. I started Monday and was down 1.5Lbs today. I am also supplementing 20 min on my elliptical every other night and netting 1200 calories. Was hoping for more but every Lb is a Lb closer to my goals!
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Tommorow it is. Is there anyway to make a group for those of us starting tommorow? Either way friend me, if you're starting tommorow. EXCITED!
  • BigBootyMimi
    BigBootyMimi Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I started doing the 30 Day Shred last January and was pretty into it (doing it almost every day at various levels) for 3 months. I lost about 10 pounds (of the 20 I wanted to lose) fairly quickly. I then changed it up and started using other DVDs too, but would still Shred at least 2 days per week for the next 3 months. Overall I lost about 15 pounds and INCHES....I lost 1.5 from my waist, 2.5 from my hips and 1 from my thighs....you WILL see results if you are consistent.
  • Pip_K_W
    Pip_K_W Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of the shred and can already see a difference, people have told me I'm looking slimmer which is nice as I thought it might just be wishful thinking!
    I'm really motivated to keep going on this and give it my all.
    Add me as a friend if you want, I'm always interested to know how other shredders are doing x
  • ouryear002
    Options
    laurascott- I totally hijacked your post. Sorry!
    The group looks like:
    Ouryear
    laurascott
    babygirl
    mazie
    Anyone else? Don't want the group to get to big or we lose track of each other!
  • laurascott20
    Options
    This will be great for motivation!!
  • ouryear002
    Options
    I'm planning on taking measurements tomorrow and then at the end. Don't know if I'll post them. :blushing: I'll have to see how brave I'm feeling!
  • Mrl617
    Mrl617 Posts: 15
    Options
    I am just now starting Level 2! I have lost 7lbs this first week and a half.

On a side note: I have been getting some really bad shin splints and I am not really sure what to do about it. So if anyone has any advice on how to prevent/cure them that would be great. I don't want to stop working out and I really don't want to take time off to rest, unless I absolutely have to. I just don't want to take a break because you have to do the workout every day for 30 days, unless I'm mistaken?
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    make sure you are stretching your shins really good! And I have been taking Sunday's off. I think you are supposed to do it every day but I need a day to rest!!

On a side note: I have been getting some really bad shin splints and I am not really sure what to do about it. So if anyone has any advice on how to prevent/cure them that would be great. I don't want to stop working out and I really don't want to take time off to rest, unless I absolutely have to. I just don't want to take a break because you have to do the workout every day for 30 days, unless I'm mistaken?
  • kaylenlawrence
    kaylenlawrence Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 15 of the Shred...
    I have also stayed within in a reasonable diet and also did cardio in the gym
    and I have lost 6.5 lbs and I can defintly see changes so far!

Go for it!!!
  • Mrl617
    Mrl617 Posts: 15
    Options
    What stretches do you recommend? I know Jillian doesn't really do too many stretches that will help with these shin splints. I'm wondering if it might be my shoes too because I have those curves for women that are supposed to help tone and I think they might be a little much for a beginner like me.
    make sure you are stretching your shins really good! And I have been taking Sunday's off. I think you are supposed to do it every day but I need a day to rest!!