30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    L2D2 done. The last set of plank-jacks about killed me, but I made it through. I still don't like jumping jacks and I don't think they are something I will ever like. LOL Too many memories of gym class.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    L2 Day 2 done! Glad I got it in early today. The plank exercises are hard on my hands. Ow! I have to take a break sometimes just because my hands hurt so bad.

Still, can't wait for tomorrow. :smile: Great work, everyone!!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Great job everyone. I am working days today so that Jeff and I can have our date night :) I want to work out once I get home but know that I can't...blah! I wasn't able to get it in this morning between getting myself ready, the kids ready, and breakfast for us all. I would have had to get up 4:30 yikes!

So, maybe later tonight after our dinner. If not, then twice tomorrow! I am excited to move to L2 soon :)
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    L2D3 DONE

It has yet to get a little easy for me.:indifferent:
  • ladykathalina
    ladykathalina Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Well I have been inspired by my 2 friends from work who are taking this challenge....so my plan is to pick up the DVD after work today and am lookin forward to getting started. I will keep you updated as I go. I definitely think this is going to be a challenge but they say misery loves company so I won't be the only one walking around with sore muscles! Wish me luck...my desire is to lose 50 lbs! Man... 1 day at a time! Here's to day one! Special thanks to those who are rooting me on! K -
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Wish I'd know this group was here earlier!!! I started this DVD on monday (Jan. 17) I'm on Day 5, but have only done 3 workouts. Just got past the soreness. I really like this DVD :) I like her getting-to-the-point way of exercising!

Same here, I had no idea about this group... This is day 6 for me :)
  • baward26
    baward26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I will be doing L1D10 tonight. It has definitely gotten easier. I still have to do the modified push ups (but I can go down further & do more) and I absolutely hate the jumping jacks. The rest of the cardio I like but the jumping jacks make my shins hurt. I may do a few more days of L1 before moving on.

I've only lost 1 pound so far but I'll take it! Only 39 more to go!

Keep up the good work, it'll be worth it in the end!
  • nthnswmn
    Options
    L1D9 done. I was really not motivated today, but pushed through. Maye I need some new music.
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    L2 D2- ouch! My arms and abs are on FIRE! Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting as good a burn as I should be because I don't feel like I'm capable of doing the moves right. I'll keep at it and hopefully I'll get better.
  • Bee_B
    Bee_B Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    L2 D2- ouch! My arms and abs are on FIRE! Sometimes I feel like I'm not getting as good a burn as I should be because I don't feel like I'm capable of doing the moves right. I'll keep at it and hopefully I'll get better.

I feel the exact same way about not feeling as good of a burn as I should but I'm going to stick with it too and see where it goes!
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    aaaaaAAaahhh Im slacking...and I feel it. I did L1 D5 two days ago and I miss it already. What are any tips for when I dont have my DVD with me?
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :wink: Just finished Lvl 2 D2! It was tough and great all wrapped into one. Some of the moves I modify others I can push through, but they are tough. My abs weren't really hurting this morning, but my shoulders, arms and gluts were sore. Darn those lunges and strength training moves lol.

I don't know if anyone else is doing this, but I'm taking pictures of myself after every level (before, after lvl 1, after lvl 2, after lvl 3) Just to see the progressive difference for myself.

I honestly believe I wouldn't be this far if it wasn't for this group. Thank you all for posting and committing to this group, it really helps me in staying committed and movtivated! :heart:
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    Go Mishy! lol You're a great motivator and definately help me bust my *kitten*!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    L2D2 done - painful, but easier than yesterday! I particularly love when she says "I want you to feel like you're going to die!" :ohwell:
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options
    aaaaaAAaahhh Im slacking...and I feel it. I did L1 D5 two days ago and I miss it already. What are any tips for when I dont have my DVD with me?

I'm not sure if you have access to cable, but Level 1 is currently On Demand under sports and fitness-- for free! It's just Level 1 and I'm not sure how long it will be available. I know it's not just my cable carrier b/c I've read posts from others living in other areas who've noticed the same thing. :smile: I understand missing it! I'm strangely addicted! haha
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Options

:embarassed: sorry about the double post--my cat jumped on my lap... and onto my computer, right in the middle of my writing my post. Grrr.

Anyway, happy shredding everybody!!
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    L2D2 Mercy! I think I did better last night. Can't wait to see if I can stick with those plank jumping jacks tomorrow. I appreciate you guys keeping me on track.
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The plank jacks are the worst! I have to follow Anita for the majority of the moves. I started out trying the regular way, but about face planted. LOL Modified is the way for me. :laugh:
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!! Well I have been inspired by my 2 friends from work who are taking this challenge....so my plan is to pick up the DVD after work today and am lookin forward to getting started. I will keep you updated as I go. I definitely think this is going to be a challenge but they say misery loves company so I won't be the only one walking around with sore muscles! Wish me luck...my desire is to lose 50 lbs! Man... 1 day at a time! Here's to day one! Special thanks to those who are rooting me on! K -

OH Good your going to join the fun!!! Hope you picked it up tonight, let us know how your feeling:devil: I am proud of you by the way:heart:
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Jill kicked my *kitten* tonight, definately love the pace of this workout- 25 minutes seems like 15 and I sweatted like a pig:bigsmile: . I am still super sore from last night and wishing I had a hot tub about now but so happy I am sharing this challenge with you all. Yay for L2D2:happy: