Toning & Inch Loss Regimes?

Options
Hi everyone :)

I am new (joined today) and am looking to tone and trim myself and lose a few inches (rather than just general weight loss). Any tips for specific regimes/exercises/diets etc I should be looking at?

Replies

• red66stang
    Options
    P90X with their eating recommendations, if you have the time to commit to it. Everyone I know that has tried it has had good results, although most seem to quit between 30-60 days in so they don't see the full benefits.
  • HurricaneSadie
    Options
    Thanks, I'll have a look into it
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You could try the 30 day shred. That's what I'm doing currently. Its a mix of cardio and strength, 3 different levels, each level for 10 days. The workout is only 20 min with a 3 min warm up and 3 min cool down so it doesn't take up a ton of time. I have already started to see a difference and I'm only half way through.

Goodluck!
  • HurricaneSadie
    Options
    That sounds fantastic :) thank you!
  • smittysgal7
    smittysgal7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm doing cardio (Zumba) and strength training. I just started about 4 weeks ago, I lost 4 3/4 inches in the first 3 weeks. The scale hasn't changed, but I'm very happy with inches lost.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Lulz, thanks for breaking up the beachbody ad. We really need a way to imbed youtube on this board.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of HIIT workouts for strength or "toning." ("Tone" is a fancy girl-word for muscle!) Check out fitnessblender.com
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options

Oh man I've never seen that. Comedy gold, but ya know whatever she enjoys lol
  • HurricaneSadie
    Options
    Thanks for the video, though prancersise really isn't my thing :P lol

I'll have a look at HIIT workouts and fitnessblender, thank you :)