Daniel's story -> 240 and depressed to 180 and feeling fine~

Options
2»

Replies

• dcristo213
    dcristo213 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! I am where you were 1 year ago, and my goal is to get to 180. You gave me the inspiration that with time and discipline I will get there also. Thank you!!!!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, Daniel! Holy smokes, what a change! That is very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Great work, Congratulations!!
  • BrillFit
    BrillFit Posts: 368
    Options
    Awesome man, I hope you understand how impressive your results are for such a relatively short period! What was your avg weight loss/wk? has to be at least 2 lbs a week. That first month or so must have been very difficult!

For the first couple months, it was actually even a little bit more than 2lbs a week. Mainly because I shocked my body with such a drastic change. It slowed down towards the last few months and it was more like a lb a week.

Thanks for the kind words!
  • BrillFit
    Options
    Daniel,

what an awesome story and transformation. I dont know you but i am damn proud of you. perhaps it is because i look at your before pics and see myself.

youre inspiring. im going to add you.
    Awesome transformation! I am where you were 1 year ago, and my goal is to get to 180. You gave me the inspiration that with time and discipline I will get there also. Thank you!!!!

Much love guys, thank you.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is seriously inspirational.

I started my weight loss around the same time, August 2012. I had great success for a year (lost 90 lbs) but like Daniel I got blindsided by a major life event and fell back into my old ways. Sweet Lord forgive me for being a diet backslider. Unlike Daniel (who says he maintained in the last year) I gained a whole lot. So I'm back on MFP.

Great photos btw. Can I ask what your start/end weight was in those?
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your progress :) You look great.
  • BrillFit
    Options
    This is seriously inspirational.

I started my weight loss around the same time, August 2012. I had great success for a year (lost 90 lbs) but like Daniel I got blindsided by a major life event and fell back into my old ways. Sweet Lord forgive me for being a diet backslider. Unlike Daniel (who says he maintained in the last year) I gained a whole lot. So I'm back on MFP.

Great photos btw. Can I ask what your start/end weight was in those?

Thanks for the kind words. We all fall off, just get back up and back on track my friend!

I started around 240 (september 2012, maybe even a bit more - i was embarrassed to step on the scale) and in july 2013 I was around 170 in those pictures.

Now I hover around 180, but I'd like to think I gained some muscle lol
  • Dourpussdora
    Dourpussdora Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    well done, you look great :happy:
  • BrillFit
    Options
    Bump

Thanks for the kind words <3
  • hopper602
    hopper602 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Awesome work man I'm trying to get to about 180 from 250. I'm currently at 208 fighting the belly flab that's left. Just hoping to get lean around 180. I'm 6 feet tall tall and can't imagine what 170 would look like.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! I have a similar story where one day I had enough of hearing the term "Beer gut" applied to me. I went all in and found this site. I only wish I took pictures. I didn't take any because I thought I would never lose my gut completely. The real kicker was when I had my blood tested for the first time in five years, cholesterol dropped over fifty points. Thanks again for the great post.
  • mamato2beauties
    mamato2beauties Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So glad that you took these steps for yourself. I battle with depression and wanting to kick that to the curb was a huge motivation to get my butt in gear. That, and my two beautiful little girls and amazing husband. You look great!! Very motivational.
  • zazazik
    zazazik Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations - all that hard work does pay off - you look great and must feel great also. Thanks for sharing and giving me a kick in the butt this morning - I'm going to exercise now :)
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Way to go Daniel.
  • My_Only_Hope
    My_Only_Hope Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm like the person you used to be, depressed and miserable hate being fat. Need to lose this! Btw you look awesome congrats!
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING sug!!! AWESOME work put in and you can just see the happiness oozing from your smile!!! Congrats, well deserved! And thank you for sharing your inspirational story with us all!!!

~Glynis
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!