How'd you meet your significant other?

Options

Replies

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    A lot of touching stories.......nice seeing people so happy with the choices they have made..
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    plentyoffish.com

we talked online for a couple months then I stopped talking to him to get back together with my ex-husband (fool me twice shame on me) then we started talking again on POF, met in person a couple months later, moved in together a month after that... and just celebrated our 6th anniversary of togetherness :)
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    We met when we worked at Bob Evans when we were teenagers. I remember turning in my application and seeing him working. I thought to myself, "I'm gonna get me a piece of that." Lol! Little did I know that I was ogling my future spouse!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    He was a hook-up at a furry convention, if you can believe it!
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I met mine online on plentyoffish.com

I signed up and within a day was sick of the type of guys that were messaging me. I decided to take my fate into my own hands and started searching pof for guys near me. My now-bf was on the first page and he instantly appealed to me. He had a picture with his cat on his shoulder and it was adorable. I messaged him, he responded. After a few messages, we gave our facebook information and chatted on there for a few days before exchanging numbers. I deleted my pof.com account within a week of joining it and had only ever communicated with my now-bf on there.

We've been together for 3 years and I am extremely thankful that I found him and reached out to him. He said he had seen my picture on there under "new users" but was scared to message me first.
  • bheiland
    Options
    Met my wife on a ballroom dance floor. We connected there and still dance whenever we have the opportunity. Tomorrow night we will go Salsa dancing.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I worked at a retail store. He was the vending machine delivery man. My friend had seen him before and told me how "hot" he was. One day I was working the morning shift and saw him and it was an instant attraction on both of our parts. It's been 13 + yrs since that day......
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Online gaming.

Two of my friends have gotten married after meeting their spouses via dating websites. I'm not sure I know many people any more who meet "the natural way" and get married any more. LOL.
  • SofiaofNY
    SofiaofNY Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have the best story - We met when he was inprocessing to the army installation where I am a nurse. He came through my line to get immunizations and then came back to get my phone number. Its been bliss ever since :)
  • willtrainforchocolate
    Options
    I personally put an ad in the classifieds in our local paper. He answered. That was over 16 years ago. ;)<3
  • MeAnTtOBeThIn
    MeAnTtOBeThIn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I saw the comment about meeting the "normal way anymore"...TRUE...But I met mine in person although he recognized me from online.

I was following a local band on Myspace and didn't realize the page was not run by the band itself.

A friend and I went to a show...and he came up and called us by name. At that time, I was nervous about online stalkers...LOL When I realized why he knew who I was, we started talking more and more online...till one night, I invited him out. We've been together since. 9 years...married for 2.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Cops vs Cons Softball game :-)
  • nadamandar
    Options
    In a bar. Haha.

Went in to my friend's old local dive bar with her to scope out her ex-boyfriend and his new lady. She had always been trying to get me to come check out this favourite spot of hers. We walked in and I immediately locked eyes with someone at the other end of the room. I asked my friend "Who is THAT?" I mean, I still had my mittens and hat on! Right in the door. She replied "That's _______. Holy *kitten*! Why didn't I think of that, he's totally your type." After a drink and eye-flirting, my friend introduced us. He was shy but proudly showed me a picture of his then five year old daughter eating pigeon in an Asian restaurant, taken from earlier that evening (gross). And I fell....

Getting married in Costa Rica on November 27th. Weeee!

P.S. My girlfriend's ex wasn't in there that night, as it turned out.....but am I ever thankful we went in to be nosy!
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141
    Options
    At a punk rock show(Broken Bones) almost 10 years ago.
  • __Bad_Leroy
    Options
    At a bar.
  • Leorio30
    Options
    met my GF online a year ago. Couldn't tell what she looked like from her one pic so when we finally met in person I dismissed her and walked right by her accidentally because of how gorgeous she was. She always makes fun of me for it.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Facebook, of all places. We had a mutual friend that we would both comment on her stuff. He friend requested me and after I checked with the friend to make sure he was cool, I accepted. I was in a committed relationship at the time, so nothing came of it. But after I became single, he was one of my only friends to not instantly hit me up. I appreciated his gentlemanly approach and actually made the first move. However, he lived out of state and traveled for work. We talked for months before he visited me in person. Three nights into his visit, he professed his love for me, moved to my small town and the rest is history.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    liquor store...I worked there and she was a customer. We gave each other the googly eyes for awhile and I finally asked her out while taking a case of beer out to her car.
  • HazelMcNutty
    HazelMcNutty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My older sister met her husband online. He has a younger brother that is my age and when they first started dating I decided that I wanted to go to a Slayer concert. My mom didn't want me going to the big city alone (I was like 17) so I asked his brother if he would go with me. He asked if he could fill a car with his friends because he knew lots of people that would want to go. My first boyfriend was one of those friends, but also a total douche bag. After three months of being with him I had become best friends with one of his friends and decided to break it off with him. About three months later I finally realized that I was madly in love with my best friend and he was with me as well. 12 years and 2 kids & a dog later, we're still together and have had countless crazy adventures. I totally credit Slayer for finding the love of my life :P