Body Wrap

Has anyone tried to do an at home body wrap? You know, the kind with tons of lotion, plastic wrap around the area and then you go to sleep. I've read that people have lost inches doing this, but I never know if those people are just paid to say that. So, that being said, I would like real people's opinions.

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Swap the lotion out for peanut butter and I could be convinced
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Are you looking for a temporary fix to water weight? If so do an Epsom salt bath for 20-40 minutes right before bed.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    i have some excellent skin cream for you!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member

this, but add jelly.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    extremely temporary.

go and sit in a steam room or sauna - it will do more good
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    I have friends that swear by them (they use the commercial ones)...but they do 2-3 a week. I think that's crazy money to spend. If you are trying to squeeze into a new outfit for a special occasion - I'd say do it! Just don't expect it to last.
  • eemitchell1984
    eemitchell1984 Posts: 83 Member
    Are you looking for a temporary fix to water weight? If so do an Epsom salt bath for 20-40 minutes right before bed.

... This works??
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    I've never heard of someone doing it at home with plastic wrap. At least it's cheaper than wasting your money on those at-home party ones. Every time I see an ad or flyer for them I laugh my head off.
  • Nalgh94
    Nalgh94 Posts: 181 Member

... This works??

Not sure if it works in shrinking inches but it's exceptionally relaxing especially with a few drops of lavender oil....20 mins of absolute bliss
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Sorry, but.....HAHAHAHAHA. Body wrap! No, this is not a weight loss "solution". This is an empty your wallet solution.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member

this, but add jelly.
    and only if your mattress and blanket are made of bread
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Has anyone tried to do an at home body wrap? You know, the kind with tons of lotion, plastic wrap around the area and then you go to sleep. I've read that people have lost inches doing this, but I never know if those people are just paid to say that. So, that being said, I would like real people's opinions.

Have always used body wraps as a temp prep up ... A lead in to an outing [a social calendar event like a ball - where a gown is required] or a tamure performance, to rid the body of some water weight, from my early teens. Started using them in NZ as a prep protocol. Before NZ, it was using native oils and a hot steam room > think Native American steaming hut, only with the whole tamure squad of girls and tonnes of herbal lotions & oils.

Didn't really think of it as a weight loss regimen, moreso, just a body firming 'surety' pre-event. The wrap was a short cut > no massages [lymphatic drainage], no ear bashing, no strict diet [vegan juicing] and no hot steaming with more ear bashing ... "Phi a khuuut khaal and nhot a pat khaal." <~ "BE a good girl and NOT a bad girl!" lol

ETA: italics
  • Alikittycat
    Alikittycat Posts: 43 Member
    i Have tried it in the past, with at home Seran wrap and cremes. You do lose inches but it is only temporary for a special occasion or to fit nicer into a special outfit. :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    It is temporary unless you do it several times a week, which can get expensive. The best part is your skin feels so amazing afterwards. If you have the money to pamper yourself once a month I say do it. But don't do it for the inch loss, you will be disappointed when they come back on a day or so later
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Did it once on a lark, did lose inches, but I knew it would be water weight, and it was. That said, it was good for looking better in a dress three days from that point.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I had that done years ago in a salon. It's just water weight and not worth the money. Also, I had to sit in a sauna and got overheated.
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member

... This works??

Yes. But anyone with blood conditions or kidney problems shouldn't do it.

It is a key tactic by wrestlers and MMA fighters to cut weight. I have done a lot of research on it because my son uses it for football. I even talked to a few doctors and a pharmacist I know about it to make sure it is safe. The magnesium helps to detox the skin and along with the heat of the bath water you lose water weight. If you want to try it add 2 cups to a hot bath. Soak for 20 minutes. Some people add lavender for relaxation.

Google it and look at the articles from reliable sources.

Many home remedy books claim it can help heal colds too.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    I dont know if they work or not but I have been considering trying the one floating around pintrest for celulite reduction. I think it uses lotion, seran wrap, coffee grounds and a few other normal at home products? I highly doubt that it will be a miracle cure for all my little thigh bumps and dimples but it probably won't hurt either. At the very least it will boost my mental perception that I am waging and winning the war on my "thunder thighs."

Try it. If its the kind using stuff you would normally have in your house- its not emptying your wallet and its ingredients are already tested for use on skin.

EDITED to say: Spa days/treatments are only a waste of time and money if they are your solution to avoid hard work and effort. Treating yourself to some pampering is worth it!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Yeah. Buy the most expensive one & sign up as an associate too. Do they have a business starter pack you can buy? Buy the largest one. These are the new greatest thing in weight loss. You will make millions & look great.

Lolz