new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi all i'm new to this and i'm going on a cruise in feb with my family and i'm trying to loose some pounds. I have no job so i don't get that much exercise =( my family has a big history of diabetes and i'm trying to stay healthy. If anyone has an inspirational thoughts i could really use it or even a recipe or two that would be great thanks.

Replies

• garethf
    garethf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome to MFP! Just keep positive, your diary honest, work hard, and take each day as it comes and positive results will follow! Check out the recipes section in the forum for some good food ideas.

Good luck :)
  • bmorebatman
    bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    welcome!
    if you are looking for cheap/free exercise and don't know where to begin, i recommend hitting up your local library! i get a new exercise dvd about every 2 weeks. you don't need a gym and those dvds can be sooo expensive in stores... and then i get bored with that one (and my muscles get used to it) at about the 2 week mark. most of them you don't need any equipment for either.
    you gotta push yourself tho is the main thing. with out a trainer barking at you, that can be hard... keep thinking cruise! jillian michaels of biggest loser has a great dvd call 30 day shred that will kick your *kitten* and she will definitely keep you going.
    work it! do it!! :happy:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    hi there and welcome to the site its an awesome site and the people here are soooo encouraging. feel free to friend me. good luck.
  • JennaRice
    Options
    Thanks, yeah i have the biggest loser dvds i have the Cardio Max Weight-Loss and it's seems to be doing good..thanks for the advice =)