Anyone have a spouse who has NEVER had weight issues?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shauna2626
    Shauna2626 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes! Sometimes my husband and I get a fast food treat, like Pizza Hut or Dairy Queen, which I enjoy every once in a while. However, I tell him that I don't like to eat that that type of food too often since it contains a lot of calories and isn't very filling. So he tells me, "Well then just eat less of it!"
    He doesn't have a problem eating fairly small portions of really high-calorie food, whereas for me, I want to keep eating until I'm full, which would rack up the calories quickly. He doesn't understand why I prefer to eat larger portions of more filling, lower-calorie foods, or why it's challenging for me to eat just a small amount of certain foods.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My wife never had weight issues...at least not like I had them. She put on a few pounds since we were married, but I put on about 50. I wouldn't go so far as to say she was "blessed" genetically...and I don't think that's the case with your husband either...my wife simply did not over eat and she worked out pretty regularly.

In your situation understand that men in general have bigger calorie requirements...often many times bigger...so it may seem that we can eat whatever we want. In fact, my wife complains about this very thing to me now...I always remind her that at one point I packed on 50 Lbs, so no...I can't eat whatever I want. I can eat a lot though...I maintain on roughly 2800-3000 calories per day which is quite a bit more than she can eat...so the perception is that I can just go to town.
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think you're just annoyed because "Well, just eat less and work out more...simple" is the truth

Not exactly. When I was younger it was a much more simple formula....once you're "over 40..." it gets a lot harder. I mean, a lot harder. I'm going to bootcamp 3 times a week and have cut my calories down to an average of 1400 per day or less. And it's coming off SLOWLY. When I was in my 30's I could lose 10 pounds in two weeks easy. Things change, my friend.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I think you're just annoyed because "Well, just eat less and work out more...simple" is the truth

Not exactly. When I was younger it was a much more simple formula....once you're "over 40..." it gets a lot harder. I mean, a lot harder. I'm going to bootcamp 3 times a week and have cut my calories down to an average of 1400 per day or less. And it's coming off SLOWLY. When I was in my 30's I could lose 10 pounds in two weeks easy. Things change, my friend.

So you eat a little less and go to bootcamp 3x/week? Sounds like you're eating less and working out to me :)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

Hunh??? I'm 42. It's not that much harder?
  • Greenbomb
    Greenbomb Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 51. I was being generous with the "over 40" comment....:-)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm 51. I was being generous with the "over 40" comment....:-)

My mom is in her mid 50s.. She says she feels better now than in her 30s. She weighed 40 pounds more in her 30s and 40s. She got back down to her college weight of 120 at 50.. She's been maintaining it for a few years now. She's says it's easy when you find something you like during and you learn to eat right ;-)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Also, just because it's simple doesn't mean it's easy.

Good quote. :drinker:

So true :-):drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • harrynich
    harrynich Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'3" and looks like a scarecrow--well, a really handsome scarecrow. He eats anything he wants, huge amounts, and never gains weight. The trick is, though, that he never eats anything he doesn't want--I think. It's a mystery to me.

The only problem is that he has continuously made fattening food for me and brought me ice cream, etc., when we watch TV. All I had to do, luckily, was ask him to stop and explain that I had to lose weight to live a longer life. It hasn't happened once since then. He's been completely happy to change how we eat--a lot of salmon now. I really am very lucky.

But watching him eat to large plates of food at dinner mystifies me. I am 100 pounds overweight and he can eat twice as much as I can at a meal!
  • elizabethroyce10
    elizabethroyce10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My husband is one of those blessed ones too! LOL same exact weight today as when he was 19. Forgets to eat/ It is hard for me because i gain weight i swear by looking at cake. LMAO I think he is realizing how hard it is for me finally... because he sees how hard i have to work to get it off!