Fave items from Whole Foods!

Options
Just curious to what your favorite items are from Whole Foods Market? I go there about once a month since its about an hour from my house and I can spend hours looking around that place. Expensive but I love it!

Replies

• nikhil_c8
    nikhil_c8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I also Love whole foods.

Favourite items are Fresh Ground Cashew/Almond/Peanut butter.I also like to buy apples from whole foods
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I also love the freshly ground almond butter.

I buy Arctic Zero "ice cream" there. They also have Voskos greek yogurt, I've never seen it anywhere else.

Their produce is top notch.

They have delicious chicken curry salad (in the prepared section).

Oh, and their dark chocolate covered espresso beans!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I go there frequently since it is one of my closest grocery options:

The whole wheat pasta (365 brand) is a very good deal..even though they have raised the prices over the years. It is $1.70 for a pound at my store.

I also head over to the bulk aisle and pick up dried beans, lentils, rice, bulgur and all of my grains. They also have whole wheat pastry flour. It is really fine so it is perfect for things like biscuits and pancakes.

I get the 365 brand canned goods for my general staples since they are well prices and typically organic: the diced tomatoes and crushed tomatoes are a must have for me.

And I admittedly like "old school" PB that is easy to spread and not the natural ones. Thankfully WF has the perfect alternative. The organic version of their store brand is not too oily, and spreadable and can be stored at room temperature. It is perfect! There is unsweetened, sweetened and salted or unsalted. The sweetened version barely has any sugar, but it is just enough to taste like the PB we remember.
  • Dlenakakis
    Dlenakakis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    And I admittedly like "old school" PB that is easy to spread and not the natural ones. Thankfully WF has the perfect alternative. The organic version of their store brand is not too oily, and spreadable and can be stored at room temperature. It is perfect! There is unsweetened, sweetened and salted or unsalted. The sweetened version barely has any sugar, but it is just enough to taste like the PB we remember.
    [/quote]

I will have to find this one! I love the natural peanut butter but I can't convince my husband or kids, this might be a great alternative!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I like to browse, Im not that wealthy , but they really really have some sharp looking cakes and cookies,

hey, know what they nick name Whole Food Markets? Whole PAY CHECK Market , because thats what it takes to shop there, lol.......

nice store, but really pricey............Lloyd
  • hollyyoung71
    hollyyoung71 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh....love the curry chicken salad too!
  • Dreadz_Veggies_4Life
    Options
    We shop there about 1-2 times a month, we get most of items from Trader Joes. Which is alot cheaper than Whole Foods. What I do purchase mostly is the vegan general tso chicken, vegan bake goods, and vital wheat gluten. Whole foods has a bigger selection of vegan products.