c25k - on the days off running you....

VaxSA
VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
Hey guys! Doing c25k three days a week, on my off days I would like to do something like Tai chi - low impact resistance training? Would this be suitable? What do you do on your 'off' days?

(NB: Im a large girl, I dont need to use weights yet to be doing resistance training, rather embarrassingly my own weight is good enough for now until the muscle builds!... I think).

Would love to hear what you do to alternate your exercising and change it up! I live in the country, so the gym isnt an option for me =)

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    I run 3-4 days per week, used to do C25K. The other days I do weightlifting, started that when I was 250lbs, now I'm around 210lbs. There is no such thing as so large you don't need to lift weights.
    You don't need weight lifting but it isn't because of size. You can just do pushups, situps, burpees and that kind of stuff instead, Whatever you prefer.
    See if you can download Les MIlls bodyflow videos or maybe they are on YouTube, it combines Tai Chi, Yoga and pilates. I do the class at Goodlife sometimes, it is a good one for some body resistance, flexibility, balance, and relaxation.
  • VaxSA
    VaxSA Posts: 90 Member
    Thanks, am looking for it now!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    I used to swim when I was doing C25K, now I run, cycle and swim. I tend only to do bodyweiht resistance training, because I can fit it into my training plan without too much difficulty.