Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    59 and I have not looked back since!! It is NEVER too late! :wink:
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...my decision was made exactly 2 months and six days after my twelfth 29th birthday. Been maintaining my goal weight (within 5 lbs) for 461 days.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite at my goal yet, since I'm terrible at deciding lol. I started to get actively healthier last year. I'm 26 right now.
  • JasmineJYJ
    Options
    We'll just decided that today! Enough is enough I haven't been overweight for really long about 3 years now and today I just happened to glance at myself in the mirror and I can't recognize me! Oh and I'm 18 :)
  • polkadottedribbon
    Options
    23. I hope.
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    48, when I realized I was nearly 50 and if i made it this far i may make it even longer so i better straighten up
  • __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Age 35-- 4 months ago. I don't have any scary stories about health problems or tear-filled moments of getting on a scale or looking at a picture of myself. I just decided. Other recent life events had helped me to realize that I'm capable of doing horrifically painful and hard things and to keep doing it for years on end. I finally just decided to channel that into weight loss.
  • Chanchka
    Chanchka Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    30. Two weeks ago... and going strong!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    A Few years ago - Late 40's

Unfortunately tried to "starve" myself by eating 1200-1400 calories per day and yo-yo'ed for three years.
    Finally "got" - Slow and steady - understood BMR and TDEE - bought a digital scale
    I have been losing steadily since March 2014
  • LessHeavyVeggie
    LessHeavyVeggie Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was 24 when I started properly at the beginning of April, had a birthday since so am now 25.

Although I've tried to do things about it most of my life, had some success at age 21, but then it crept back up.
    This time is the real deal, and even though I still have a long way to go, I haven't weighed as little as I weigh now since I was about 16.
  • Steph7x
    Steph7x Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Every day, week, month, year since I was about 19...this is the last time and Ive just turned 23! No excuses this time, I'M DOING IT FOR ME!!
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    In 2010 at 44, I couldnt face having to go from 36'' waist to 38''. I started the British Army's fitness book (similar to c25K) and a few weeks into it, I had an accident which limited my movement for the next 2 years.

I dropped back to my 2009 weight in summer 2013, I think I was just moving more and we had a good summer so there was always a chance to do something outdoors and there were a few DIY jobs at home.

I always ate rubbish late at night, and in late 2013, my weight crept back up to 2010 levels, I joined MFP in Feb this year and in June/July I started c25k and am trying to cut down eating after my evening meal and trying to be more diligent in logging my food.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I think I was about 35-36 when I finally decided I had to learn how to EAT REAL FOOD. I lost all my weight within a few months of that decision and education process. I'm 49 now. Been maintaining +-5 since.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I am 36
    Been in the gym and lifting since I was 17

Decided in Aug. 2013 to see if I could get as lean as I was in my early 20s....
    So I did
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    39 - lost 4 stone from 19 to 15 stone - gradually put nearly 2 back on
    47 - realised it would all come back gradually if I didn't do something ............ lost nearly 5 stone; just under 17 stone to 12 stone

Hoping that can stay here now for the rest of :)
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Second time (and last time) 45. No going back now, been three and a half years on this journey and reaching new levels every day.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    On and off over the years, but 40 was the one that stuck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!