Anyone size 6 or smaller?

Options
LettyM62
LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
I am, and since I don't believe in paying more than $40 for a pair of jeans or pants, I tend to shop at Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, etc. ...you get the point, but their selection of jeans in my size very limited. Being that I'm only 5'3" I usually buy bottoms from the petites section. There's usually a great selection of size 8 petites, but most of them are a bit loose on me. Size 6's are fine, but there's hardly any at the stores. Unless I get real lucky on the day that I go shopping, I usually come home empty handed. I would try the teens section, but it's not my style since I'm in my late 40's. I know this may sound trivial to some, but it's starting to annoy me. Don't get me wrong, I love that I lost the weight, but it seems that I also lost a great selection of jeans. Anyone else have the same problem?

Replies

• Mashisha
    Options
    I don'tow how you feel about shopping at 2nd hand stores, but sometimes you can find really nice clothes there that are in great shape still. I know it's a treat to be able to buy new clothes when you have reached the goal you wanted, but just as a suggestion until you can find what you are looking for at your favorite stops. =)
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    My mother has the same problem. She just finds pants she feels comfortable in, pins them up to the right length and drops them at the cleaners to have them hemmed to the length she wants.
  • marianmaj
    marianmaj Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    yes i have to shop in the junior dept for jeans. For dress pants i wear size 4 or 6; I like Marshalls and Tj Maxx too but not for jeans. Macy's jr has a brand called American Rag that fits me well...either a size 5 when I weigh what i want to weigh ..128 or a 7 when I am being naughty and weigh 134....most waist lines are so big. Try Gap too.
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Macys has a great selection of jeans in the petites section and won't break the bank when on sale.
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Macys has a great selection of jeans in the petites section and won't break the bank when on sale.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love to shop so this is a topic I can totally help with ;) I have been every size between a 12 and a 2 (my current size) and different brands have fit my body at different sizes. I would try Old Navy. They have a variety of styles and you can catch them for $15 on sale!! Who doesn't love that? And I agree with you Ross, Marshell's, etc. don't have much by way of smaller sizes. The Limited also has a great pair of jeans if you have a smaller waist and larger bum; although they are gonna cost you a bit more. Hope this helps :)
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Target has some good options or Old Navy. The problem with shopping at discount stores is they buy bulk of the sizes that they sell the most of.

Old Navy had a lot of different cuts as well as they also have sells where they sell their jeans for $19.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I don'tow how you feel about shopping at 2nd hand stores, but sometimes you can find really nice clothes there that are in great shape still. I know it's a treat to be able to buy new clothes when you have reached the goal you wanted, but just as a suggestion until you can find what you are looking for at your favorite stops. =)

I guess, I should have mentioned that I've already reached my goal. And I do like to shop at thrift stores and such. I did it while I was losing, to save money because I kept having to buy new pants evey month or so. I still love to go shop there....it's like a treasure hunt! Thanks for the input.
  • nsueflorence
    Options
    Target has some good options or Old Navy. The problem with shopping at discount stores is they buy bulk of the sizes that they sell the most of.

Old Navy had a lot of different cuts as well as they also have sells where they sell their jeans for $19.
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Wow.. same problem here.. I am also short 5'4" and went from a size 14 to a 6 and it does seem funny that the selections out there for us 40 year olds are not as abundant. :happy: I do love Kohls for slacks and cords and when I get a coupon I try to hit JCPenneys on sale. I really like Levis, they come in all sorts of styles, I think the one I like the best are the 542's . I have alittle bit bigger butt still smaller waist. I think they are called the pencil fit. I think they also have ones called curvy women or something. I do not like junior sizes as they do not have the curvy styles I need. But if you can Penneys on sale for Levis, they run around $30. Hope that helps, and good luck!
  • Diannerv
    Diannerv Posts: 195
    Options
    Also if you live near any outlet malls, I love Gap jeans. I just bought 2 pair at a Gap outlet.
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    That has to be frustrating since you've lost the weight and can't find your size now. My experience has been the opposite, fortunately. I'm 5'3" as well and also a size 6, barely, lol. For the first time ever, clothes shopping seems fun and effortless. I could never, never make choices with my plus size clothing. I was lucky to even find anything that would fit me. Since I'm still losing weight, I shop secondhand stores a lot and usually have no trouble finding that size. Usually in those sizes, there are a lot of name brand items on huge sales. Maybe you just need to try different stores and hopefully that'll help. Good luck! :)
  • marrieandfive
    Options
    I'm a size 2 some places, 4 others, and I'm only 5 ft tall...I buy my jeans from Old Navy.com, they have a LOT of petite clothes online, I just try on styles in store then order the petite version of it online. I also have a few pairs from Walmart, they have some of their jeans in "short" and I buy those, if I can find them.

Ann Taylor loft also has a good petite section and at the end of season you can find jeans there for under 20 bucks.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    yeah I am size 2 or 3 in some places I usually shop juniors or get to this 2nd hand place that carries my American Eagle Jeans can get those for 18 dollars compared to 50 at the mall.
  • nsueflorence
    Options
    Walmart does seem to have a larges selection on clothes then they have in the past.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I know we are talking about jeans. But I figure I can pose this question as well: where do you shop for skirts?? Like I mentioned above, I have a small waist and larger bum and hips. I am 5'4 by the way. I have recently been all about dresses, but when I try to shop for skirts I have no luck what-so-ever. Gapping in the waist in order to fit my hips. Any suggestions?
  • jenmcgraw
    jenmcgraw Posts: 40 Member
    Options

So agree with you on this. Try all of Old Navy's jeans on up and down a size.
  • jennygurumi
    Options
    I am 30 years old and I have always had to purchase my jeans in the junior's section so I understand. :laugh: Also I am a shorter woman and most of my length is torso, my legs are petite. These suggestions are all good. I could try them myself. :blushing:
  • sbooth09
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy I was a 6 & shopped at OldNavy, Target, The Limited, Express (sales are great every few months!), & every so often, Banana Republic (sale time). They all tend to have a good selevtion for petite size 6s.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I've been lucky: jeans & skirts from K-mart & Target for 6 short. I also love J Jill for skirts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!