Ok... don't laugh at the question....

Options
2»

Replies

• mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I know... to some it seemed like a silly question. Appreciate the feedback. TO answer someone else's question... I had a small bottle of water as well.
    I know 2 pounds shouldn't make a difference.. we all have our things, I guess.
    Thanks again!!!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I will go with home scale since it's most likely you will be using it for the most of weigth in days...
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    What I would do is

Go to sleep, when I wake up in the morning, go to the toilet and then weigh myself nekkid

And that will be my starting weight

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS...always NEKKID! LOL
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    What I would do is get a sample size of about 30 weigh ins... Then take the average of all and do a standard deviation to see on any given day what your top and bottom end would be.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Make another doctor appointment.
    Step 2: Smuggle home scale into waiting room.
    Step 3: After nurse says "doctor will be right with you," swap scales
    Step 4: Run

It's people like you why health care is so expensive.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself in the morning before consuming anything and after using the bathroom. That is the weight I log. I have weighed myself first thing in the morning and then a few hours later after drinking water and eating breakfast and weighed a couple pounds more. You have to be consistent. Weigh yourself tomorrow morning at home and go from there.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Neither. Weigh yourself at home tomorrow after you get up and use the bathroom.
  • desutho
    desutho Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree -- don't go by either. Start with a "fresh" weight first thing tomorrow morning.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Yeah just use your home scale for consistency. I weighed as I normally do in the morning last Wednesday before I went to the Dr. When I did go to the Dr, (fasted except for some water so I could pee in the cup, yaknow?), I clocked in 1.7lbs higher on their scale, which makes sense as I was clothed(unders, shorts, shirt).

I wouldn't overthink this.
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Use the average...139
  • Nefari
    Nefari Posts: 13 Member
    Options

It's people like you why health care is so expensive.

Lmao, yes, people who joke to lighten the mood are a scourge on health care! I'm guessing you were also joking...hopefully?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I would continue to use the scale I'd been using, unless you're going to go into their office every week to weigh.
  • gilmore606
    gilmore606 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bro you gotta keep in mind your weights gonna be slightly different depending on the phase of the moon due to tidal forces and what have you ya feel me
  • Phoenix__Rising
    Phoenix__Rising Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options

I ♥ this response. :laugh:
  • RLMsFitnessPal
    RLMsFitnessPal Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I recently had a physical, too. The doctor's scale said more than my scale at home. I'm not worrying over that, though. For my own purposes, I continue going by my scale at home since that's what I've been using to track my progress.

Plus, my doctor was thrilled to see that I'd lost 30 pounds since my last physical. She said that I'm the lightest I've been since 2007 when I'd gotten up to 271. So, I was too happy to worry about a few pounds difference between scales.
  • mandez19
    mandez19 Posts: 179
    Options
    TO answer someone else's question... I had a small bottle of water as well.

I knew there was some drink washing down that taco. 2 lb meal, bam. Next question.