question: how old...

Options

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    As with many others, I had previous inklings about losing weight but the "final" time hit when I was 35 (almost 5 years ago).
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    35! This is the only time that I wasn't in a rush and combined exercise with good eating!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    16 :tongue: I'm 18 now and nearly 60lbs down aww yee xD
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Many times through my adult life, this time I was 53 and after surgery and a very long winter I ballooned up to my life highest. I was falling down and stumbling like I was 20 years older and knew if I didn't get it together I wouldn't be able to take care of my mom. With Gods help and much prayer I have been able to do this and it has been easier then any other time in my life. Good luck every one.
  • ragdoll_1985
    Options
    This is my third time, first was at 20, when I lost 2 and a half stone, then at 25 when I got married, I lost 7lbs. This last time, I'm 29. I wont be doing this again because I wont have to!!
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Shortly after having my son. So 3 years ago. I lost 3st and kept it off, got pregnant with my daughter, put on 1stone (put on bed rest for 6months so hard not to put on something). I'm arsing around since and still have the stone to lose. I've started tracking again this past week and I'm ready to get back to my ideal.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I tried dieting all through my high school years. I finally got serious when I was 16 because of a health scare.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I was 24. About a year after my second child was born.
  • brianaELLE
    brianaELLE Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was 17! Fell off track a few times but I am back on it like I never left! I am 20 yrs. now. :smile: :happy:
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    In 2012 (28 years old) just after the birth of my second babe, I finally said enough! I have been over weight pretty much my entire life, and after having 2 kids, I reached a weight I have never seen before. I was uncomfortable, and most of all ashamed.
    I started eating more paleo and working out (going for walks, JM 30 day shred, attempted insanity) I started a new job after 4 months of being really strict with my food and I saw a 40 pound loss.

As I got comfortable at my new job, my eating habits started to go back to the way they use to be. From the 40 pounds I had lost, I had gained 27 back. On April 22, 2014 (29 years old) I realized that I had almost gained all the weight I lost. I have always told myself that I would get fit before 30. So on this day, I started fresh.

From April 22, 2014 to today, I have lost 48 pounds. In total from my heaciest, I have lost 66. I olan on losing at least another 50-70 pounds, but this time I have changed my WOE and will not go back.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    September 2009 - I was 38. Wish it was early, but at least it happened.

ETA: I decided I wanted to be healthy at 40 - I actually gave myself some time instead of waiting until a month before my birthday.
  • jaybanez
    jaybanez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • Sharon5913
    Sharon5913 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lost 28# at 52, gained back 18#, now 55 and getting back on track. As someon else, it's NEVER too late.

Sharon
  • mamaoftwins9197
    mamaoftwins9197 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've been yo-yo dieting since I was 16...and I'm always serious...at least in the beginning. This time around, I guess 34 (I'm almost 37).
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    33, then now at 35. LOL
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    44... I've been going since June 5th. I got on a scale and was
    mortified by the number I saw.
    I've lost almost 40 lbs,(so far), and I already feel so much better!
    There is no stopping me now.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 and went to the doctors. I saw the number on the scale for the first time. Probably about 170. Until then I just knew I was chunky but I had no idea how much I weighed and what the food I was eating was doing to my body.

Anyway, I lost some weight then but it happened again in June. Now I weigh less than I ever did in high school! (Or who knows, maybe middle school even)
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    21... and I got in the best shape of my life that year
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    29?

I'm 31 now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!