Can't Stop Sweating After Shower

Options
Hi, So I've read a lot of things on these forums but haven't posted before.

Anyway my problem is that I recently started working out in the morning before work instead of after work, and in doing so I started showering at the gym and then walking to work (its ~1/3 of a mile walk). This would be fine except that after I shower and start walking I start sweating A LOT and then all of a sudden it stops even before I stop walking or get indoors. This has gotten very annoying this week and I want to know why it happens and how to stop it. One more interesting thing: after I am done sweating like crazy I don't sweat ALL DAY (which is a big deal for me since normally I would always be the guy with sweat stains under my arms) so I have simply been wearing a t-shirt I don't mind sweating in until I get to work and then change shirts.

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I almost continue to sweat- unless i specifically dial down the water and cool my whole body off.

Your body is still cranking out heat- add hot water on top... and now it's going to try to cool itself off.

Give yourself some space between things- and or take a colder shower- should help.

Totally normal when you suddenly stop and or then add a shower.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    This happens to me to sweating after shower when I workout. I take cold showers for that. All cold showers help speed up recovery for a better workout the next session.

Fro it it is like my body is heated up I sweating while showering when using hot warm. Body stays heated up. Walking can still be a work out so body still keeps heat in. You sweat some more. Also I started to speed my walking up. I notice that helps with not sweating when walking slower.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have a really big problem with sweating. I mean, REALLY big. I train in my garage and I live in Dallas so it gets pretty hot too. The other day I came in from lifting and stopped by the sink in the kitchen to get some water on my way to the shower. I had to come back and mop the floor in the kitchen because there was a puddle of water where I was standing earlier.

Anyway, I turn the shower to a comfortable temperature and then slowly cool the water down until I'm taking a shower w/ the coldest water possible and I just sit there for 5-10 minutes which usually slows the sweating down significantly. Then I don't put on a shirt for an hour or so and towel myself off constantly until I'm completely dry.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    when i shower i start out hot, do all my scrubbins and gradually work my way down to cold, little bit by little bit so the temp change doesnt shock you. i find showers much much more refreshing than if i do just hot or just cold, plus no after-sweat
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What everyone else says ^^ I start with a lukewarm shower and end with a 10-15 second blast of really cold water just before I get out. - helps cool body core temp down faster :) and as an added bonus, for those of you with long locks, the blast of cold closes the hair cuticles and makes your hair shine :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    This new ice bucket challenge fad? I do that every day already to cool off.

FisherBucket.gif
  • mithranor
    mithranor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I tried taking a shower and lowering the temperature for several minutes at the end but that didn't help at all. I even wore shorts today walking to work and changed after I got there and that didn't help either. I've had this issue before, even when I can just sit and relax for a while after showering I still sweat some (though not this bad).
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    So I tried taking a shower and lowering the temperature for several minutes at the end but that didn't help at all. I even wore shorts today walking to work and changed after I got there and that didn't help either. I've had this issue before, even when I can just sit and relax for a while after showering I still sweat some (though not this bad).

Do you have a high body fat percentage? When people see me workout and how much I sweat they think I am too tired to keep going. Then they notice I just started to warm up. For me I have notice the sweat problem has decreased as fat is lost.

Try a cold shower with drink cold water as you shower. That is a total body shock .
  • mithranor
    mithranor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nope, my body fat percentage is surprisingly low considering my BMI (~30 BMI but ~23% Body Fat) but I do sweat a lot when running. I don't sweat a lot while lifting but I sweat buckets while running.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Nope, my body fat percentage is surprisingly low considering my BMI (~30 BMI but ~23% Body Fat) but I do sweat a lot when running. I don't sweat a lot while lifting but I sweat buckets while running.

It might just be genetics then. I don't know. Body mass index is a tool used for people who do not lift weights.