question: how old...

Options

Replies

• Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I can't count the number of times I "had enough". At age 32 I lost 20 lbs., down to 122. I exercised at home (Jane Fonda) drank "Herbalife" drinks and did it. I then gained it all back plus 10-20 lbs. From then on as one person said, I yo-yo dieted. I now weigh more than I ever weighed, even when I was 9 months pregnant with both my girls!!! NOW at the ripe old age of 59, (just turned), I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! It's amazing when I look in the mirror, I don't see that I've gained as much as I have...then I turn sideways. I look like I"m 10 months pregnant. :noway: I feel awful.....my whole body hurts. I know it's because of all this weight I am carrying around.

So, at age 59 I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! I am trying to eat right. I have joined a Woman's Fitness Club, and hopefully the pounds will start coming off.....slowly, but it will come off.
  • jeanri
    jeanri Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ive been on diets, Weight Watchers, but every time I would lose, I would give up and pick up all the weight. I am now 25, and gave myself a serious reality check when my mom showed me a video on diabetes.

I came back from holiday and started to eat healthier, joined the gym last week and got a personal trainer.

Will be attending gym 4-5x per week and personal trainer twice a week :) Let's see how it goes!
  • UK34
    UK34 Posts: 23
    Options
    30. I have always been slim, but lost the plot and got into a bad lifestyle and gained lots of weight between the age of 26-30. (3 stone to be precise).
    Got back to where I wanted to be, just before I got married in 2012 :) Have been maintaining since then, but got a little careless and a little do with the fact I developed a joint condition, which makes being active very painful.
    I now have 5 Ibs to loose to get back to my ideal.
  • scarletpride16
    Options
    I was 17 and a senior in high school! Looked in the mirror and was disgusted by what I saw. I've sort of been all over the place since then but right now I am at a good weight. I'm 20 years old.
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started last March and I was 47. I have currently lost 136 pounds (not all on MFP). I have tried many times before and always gained it back. Not this time! I feel better now than I ever have.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many times, but this time feels different and I'm more focused and goal oriented so I'm going to say FOR REAL: 26 years old.. I'll be 27 in November and I have a few goals I'd like to reach before then. :) My overall goal from this point forward is to lose around 60 lbs. I've dropped almost 60 in the past 3 years so I'm hoping this last half takes less time. Lol.
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I guess you could say I "had enough" several times in my life. So read ahead if you like long winded stories...
    In middle school when all the friends I thought I had turned on me and their primary focus was on how I looked. When I'm crying to my mom about how I just don't fit right in the 'juniors' department and need to go to Lane Bryant instead. I'd lose a little then gain it back, perpetually.
    In high school when everyone else on the tennis team wore the cute uniform dresses and I played in a tshirt and shorts. When there was nothing worse in the world than hearing someone call me the F word -- fat.
    After freshman year of college when I don't even know if I got the Freshman 15 or what felt like the Freshman 50. I wouldn't weigh myself. I was wearing the biggest jeans I've ever had to purchase. My friends and I lived on Mountain Dew and the burritos from the dining hall. I had a gym around the corner from my dorm but felt like that wasn't for people like me.
    Things took a solid turn when I met my boyfriend. He was an avid cyclist and while riding a bike wasn't for me, we would go on hikes and cook healthy for each other. He left for grad school after the summer and we tried to make it work. I'll avoid the hairy details but he ended up not being a nice guy at all. In fact, I never felt worse about myself than I did when we were together and for a long time afterwards...
    After that I sort of coasted along, focusing on work and school.
    ANYWHO, 2011 was an insane year. I was 22, my dad was sick, I was graduating from college, my sister was preggers with her first kid, I moved from my childhood home to my sisters because a 5 bedroom house was unrealistic to maintain between my mom and I (dad was in the hospital), and I was interning at my dream company. I basically lived in my car between school, work, the hospital/care facility, and home. Not a lot of time left to take care of myself. I graduated, dad passed away, and I hit the highest weight I've ever been. It scared me so I started focusing on me again. I gave up sugar, flour and wheat. I started P90X. I lost 20 lbs. Then I got a full time job and had to move to the country.
    Moving and starting a new job are GREAT ways to talk yourself out of working out. The job got busier, I would go to the gym randomly and since I lived in BFE, cooked for myself more. My apartment had black mold, my neighbor was insane and would slam on the walls and my narcolepsy was out of whack. So I moved, again, December 2012.
    Fast forward some more, got a promotion at work, working basically 7 days a week to make sure I got done what I needed to. Stressing so much I literally made myself sick. I'd fluctuate + or - 5 lbs, surprisingly only gaining back 15 of what I had lost October 2011. Working all the time and stressing out left me little time to actually utilize my gym membership. But December 2013 just after my 25th birthday I signed up for my first half marathon. That was it, enough was enough for real this time. I was going to do something I'd never done before. I would slam the stop button on the treadmill after a mile, let alone 13.1.
    Surprisingly, despite training and eating what I felt was 'healthy', I still fluctuated those +/- 5 lbs. I completed the Cleveland Half in May at 281 lbs. Since then, I've joined MFP, in February I got a new job, in April I got a new car, and this month I moved AGAIN (but this time out of the country!!) and in September I'm going to complete my second Half...what do they say are the most stressful events that can happen in your life? Yeah.

So a super long winded story to get to...about 25 is where I hit my limit on 'this is it'. I'm not crash dieting, or starving myself, or eating back ALL THE CARBS every time I run. I love myself where I am right now, the word fat doesn't bother me at all, people can't insult me on my size because if you've heard it once you've heard it a million times. This isn't about getting "skinny", it's about being the best me that I can be, so by 2016 I can do a full marathon...fat and all lol.
  • kingjabou
    kingjabou Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    On my 40th birthday I woke up and walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror and thought to myself something needs to change. Started doing good and lost 30lbs then hurt my knee and gained half of it back, Now 41 knee feels better and back at it again.
  • citalk2much
    citalk2much Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I was very thin pretty much under weight into my 20's had a couple of babies and hit 160 thought the world was ending being that heavy however I really did not do much about it, at 30 I got sick and by sick I mean really sick at 31 found out that my sick was Lupus they put me on meds that made me want to eat and eat so I did and I sat on the couch doing NOTHING because I was sick and I hurt and I had lots of excuses. at 43 I was tired of being fat I had hit an all time high of 240 pounds and to make matters worse my body fat % was around 90 OMG I joined a gym kind of lightly worked out for about a year didn't change my awful eating habits lost 5 pounds pfft . This past June my Dad got really ill and on July 10 at just 66 he passed away, I don't want to die at 66 so at 44 I have kicked it in gear yesterday I weighted myself 208 my body fat is around 46 and I plan on not stopping until I hit my goal. It is not easy with Lupus I am always tired and something always hurts but you know what it dose not hurt like it did at 240 camped on the couch.
  • stephiejean37
    stephiejean37 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    27! My goal is by my 30th birthday to be where I want to be and to be maintaining!
  • loruddy
    loruddy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    47! after years of yoyo dieting. I saw a picture of myself at a friends party in 2011 and that was that I lost 45Lbs and kept it off for 2 years, finally decided to lose the remaining 16lbs this year. I have never felt so good as I do now , feel fab at 50.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I kind of had 2 times. Once when I was about 34, after moving to the States and basically moved a lot less due to my lifestyle, so the pounds stacked on. The second time was after a major illness and I stacked on the weight over a few years - I started doing something about it, with purpose and consistency, when I joined MFP when I was 45.
  • bootygroove
    bootygroove Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    48 for me.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I started the process at about 29/30. Just small steps at first which is why I'm still working on it at 34, but I'm in much better shape now than I was then!
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    15, then again at 19, then again at 28. I got to my goal weight the other two times too, but didn't learn how to maintain.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
  • 70chevellegsp
    70chevellegsp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Earlier this year at 47. My wife and I have always been active and worked out (20 plus years), but I was 5'11"/205-210# for a few decades. I carried it well enough, but had a few health issues starting with a torn bicep tendon in 2012. Kept very active through that year of rehab, and shortly after got sciatica, which effected me for about 4-5 months. I may have had a little touch of depression, and was just going thru the motions in my workouts, eating too much, and pretty lethargic. Was at a business meeting where a gym owner spoke and his information was pretty simple. 3500 calories equals a pound. Doesn't matter if you eat your calories in the am or pm, spread out or in large spurts, calories in vs calories out. (there was more, but you get the gyst) The next day my wife and I went to best buy and bought fitbits and polar hr monitors and I started logging food on MFP. My wife was not sold, so I did the logging for her. The fitbit and HR monitors helped us pay attention to our workouts and intensity, and MFP helped us pay attention to our intake. This all started in January, 2014 and my goal was to get to 195#. I hit that pretty quickly and decided to go to 185# and have been living happily at 180 +-. My wife got on board quickly as she saw the results. I haven't been at this weight since I graduated high school and feel a lot healthier. I eat well, have my macro's worked out, and don't really crave anything. Got back from vacation last Saturday, picked up a couple pounds and have since shed them also.
  • tiffgug
    tiffgug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    24 the first time when I found out I had high blood pressure. I dropped 45 pounds, then regained 30 over the next 5 years. Now at 29, I'm trying to drop them again.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    In mid-February....I'm 51....still have a long way to go to reach my goal, but I'm -48lbs lost at this point. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!