HELP!!!

Options
Hello everyone,
Well this is my first time posting something here but I am feeling pretty down. I started my diet begging of this year. I havent lost as much as I would have liked to by now and I am ready to throw in the towel. I feel like I am doing all this work for nothing. Am I the only one that feels this way? Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks

Replies

• chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary, I don't know what you're doing wrong! I'd love to help if I can :) Feel free to add me as a friend :) Are you eating properly? Are you logging EVERYTHING you eat? Drinking enough water? Exercise? Without knowing what you're doing (or not doing) we can't really help
  • ostheimerd
    Options
    Am I seeing right that you have lost 24 lbs since the beginning of the year? That is awsome.
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    Don't throw in the towel! Stop thinking negatively. Maybe your body needs a change. Have you been doing the same workout? Your body may need something else to pick up the pace a little. And are you tracking your food? I've found that although I'm under my calories, I can be over in my sugar and sodium. Sugar turns to fat and sodium makes you retain extra water weight.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My first 3 weeks I lost 3 pounds and gained back 2. I felt defeated.
    All I can tell you is stick with it... it takes more time than on TV (biggest loser etc.) because that's condensed into episodes!
    I am on track to lose about 1.7 pounds per week... and although it to 15 weeks (seemed like forever) I'm down about 22 pounds. That is huge for me and I couldn't be happier!
    It really does work.... be stubborn and be patient. Remember you are worth it!
  • lmelgar
    lmelgar Posts: 18
    Options
    Ive been doing a diet on and off since last year which is when I found this website. But hadnt really done much on here till this year. So far I have only lost 5 pounds but my belly isnt going away and I feel fatter. I have totally changed my ways in eating and I feel it isnt helping. My worst was soda but I have totally given that up and drink water all day.
  • catmisha
    Options
    We all feel that way sometimes, but instead of throwing the towell, get mad and just keep going. We will never get anywhere if we stop and walk back. You are where you are now and going back is not going to do any good. Maybe you should change your diet for a couple of week. Green veg. and lean protein for a week or so. Then go back to low fat or low calories. Change your work out. Maybe your body got used to what you where doing, we have to trick our body. Another thing is get a measuring tape, maybe you are not loosing a lot of weight but you are loosing inches. Building muscle will look like not loosing weight because your loose fat and fat is not as heavy but makes you bigger. Don't quit. I have quit a few times before but this time I am mad and I am going to use the madness towards my goal intead of against it. Good luck and love yourself.
  • oracle730
    Options
    I can't say why you are not losing more weight...but I know how you feel. I have hit a plateau and cannot seem to lose anything lately. All I can say is don't give up! Even if I am not loosing, I have lost some and some is better than nothing. Maintaining what you have lost already is important too. I am not losing right now either but I have to say that I still feel better eating this way than I did when I ate too much bad stuff. Just keep going...it will turn around for you.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you've lost 24 pounds. If you just started at the beginning of this year, that's an incredible amount of weight for such a short time. I don't know if you're upset because maybe your weight loss was a little less this week than it was in previous weeks, or what you were expecting. It is normal to lose quite a bit of weight the first couple of weeks as your body adjusts to your new lifestyle, and then for your weight loss to slow down a bit. Just remember that it takes time. You probably didn't gain the weight in a couple of weeks, and you certainly won't lose it that fast, either. Keep watching your calories and exercising, and the weight will come off!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you've lost 24 pounds. If you just started at the beginning of this year, that's an incredible amount of weight for such a short time. I don't know if you're upset because maybe your weight loss was a little less this week than it was in previous weeks, or what you were expecting. It is normal to lose quite a bit of weight the first couple of weeks as your body adjusts to your new lifestyle, and then for your weight loss to slow down a bit. Just remember that it takes time. You probably didn't gain the weight in a couple of weeks, and you certainly won't lose it that fast, either. Keep watching your calories and exercising, and the weight will come off!
  • ostheimerd
    Options
    A loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week is ideal to lose weight and keep it off. You have lost 5 lbs in about 5 weeks. That is the way to do it. I know it does not show very well to you now, but you would be suprised. I started here a week ago, but I have been dieting all last year too. My wife found this site and I followed her in. I did not realize how much weight I had lost until I went home for Christmas and my mother kept telling me how good I looked and how much weight I lost. I still look at myself in the mirror and say yuck. But I know it is coming. The one to two pounds a week is better because it is a life style change. Dropping a lot quickly and you will just put it right back on. Instead, you are changing your lifestyle to be healthier.