New athletic Shoes!!!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
BOY, you KNOW you are a MFP-er when you are this excited over new athletic shoes!! :laugh:

I have been wearing the same New Balance sneakers for the past 3 years! Bad Tam! With the amount of cardio I do....I wasn't being very good to my legs!

SO, I went out today and bought some new shoes!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I wanted something I could use in the gym for all cardio. These are technically running shoes and I am going to start building my running endurance. So, I thought they would be a good choice. They are SOOO comfy!!! I feel like I am walking on a cloud! I have heard a lot of good things about Asics.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/product.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=240009400&TITLE_CATEGORY_ID=250001549

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    BOY, you KNOW you are a MFP-er when you are this excited over new athletic shoes!! :laugh:

I have been wearing the same New Balance sneakers for the past 3 years! Bad Tam! With the amount of cardio I do....I wasn't being very good to my legs!

SO, I went out today and bought some new shoes!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I wanted something I could use in the gym for all cardio. These are technically running shoes and I am going to start building my running endurance. So, I thought they would be a good choice. They are SOOO comfy!!! I feel like I am walking on a cloud! I have heard a lot of good things about Asics.

http://www.asicsamerica.com/products/product.aspx?PRODUCT_ID=240009400&TITLE_CATEGORY_ID=250001549
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Congrats on doing something for yourself! I'm a huge fan of Pumas myself. They fit my foot really well!
  • sl8on
    sl8on Posts: 22
    Options
    I just discovered New Balance last year. Love them. Had been a skechers fan. Still like my skechers for the weekend.
  • rwalden628
    Options
    If anyone is looking for new shoes, I highly recommend going to "Fleet Feet" if there is one in your area. They video tape you running and fit you based on how you run. Also, I've bought shoes there that after I bought them and used them once, I figured out they rubbed. They swapped them out, no problem.

My fav shoes are Brooks.

Happy running!
  • svetlana
    Options
    Congrats on new shoes. Actually, podiatrists advise is to change shoes every 6 months, especially if you're going to "put all those miles on them"! You need to have proper support to protect your ankles, knees, hips, etc.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Good job Tam! I learned the value of proper footwear awhile back, and really do change my workout shoes about 3 times a year. Your beautiful legs, feet, and joints NEED good support! Especially when you workout, but also for everyday wear and tear as well.