How much cardio?

Options
How much cardio do you do per day? How many days a week?

I'm trying to come up with a workout plan for the week and I'm curious what others are doing.

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    I do about 35 minutes 5Xweek. However, I am working on increasing it until I am at an hour.
  • cnorris84
    Options
    According to a lot of popular excersize programs, they would recommend Mon-Fri Workout Schedule. Cardio 3 times a week, Strength 2 times a week.
  • brookalina
    Options
    I try to do 30 minutes of cardio 5 to 6 times a week.
  • kac7700
    kac7700 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I run 4 to 5 days a week. Two of those days are about 45 minutes, the other two, about 30 - 40 minutes. I do about 15 minutes of strength training (some general, and some running specific) 2 -3 days a week, and make it a point to take two full rest days. Rest is equally important as the exercise.
  • mommy23skllm
    Options
    Wow, ok I think I might be WAY overdoing it. Right now I'm doing 90-120 minutes a day 6 days a week. I don't run/jog, I just do interval training on the treadmill.
  • cagcooper
    cagcooper Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    To mix up my routine I'm walking and jogging on my treadmill for about 30 minutes a day (I shoot for 100 calories burned) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I ride a stationary bike to burn 100 calories.

After that, I do some leg stretching (I had my ACL replaced a year ago, so I need to keep stretching it) and leg lifts with ankle weights.

If I have time, I'll use my Wii and play either Just Dance 2 or Wii Fit Plus for about 30 minutes (Wii Fit counts calories burned, which is nice).

On the weekends, I won't run to give my knee a rest and if I want to exercise I'll ride the stationary bike and stretch. I'll also play the Wii.

Mixing this all up keeps it interesting for me :) Good Luck!