How did you celebrate turning 40????

Options
DymonNdaRgh40
DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
I usually take the day off from work and go to the spa. I'll have a meal at my favorite spot, shop a bit at the mall and see a movie. It's become a birthday ritual. However my nephew even suggested I do something different since this is kind of a big deal. If you asked what gift I wanted I could tell you right away but I'm stuck on how to celebrate this milestone.

Any ideas?

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 a year ago today and celebrated the same way as today - with nothing. Sorry, I'm a crappy suggestion giver. :tongue:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I always take my birthday off, but for the big 4-0, had dinner with lots of wine with friends.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    By having a baby. My youngest was born a few weeks before my 40th birthday.
  • AthleticForties
    AthleticForties Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Vegas, baby! Turned 40 in May but went over 4th of July weekend this year. Had a great time!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    a nice BIG glass of Metamucil... and I was in bed by 8
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    My 40th birthday was my best ever. I remember my ex-husband surprised me with a red Z28 Camero in the garage. Then the following Saturday I had a surprise birthday party where everyone wore black and they had a male stripper. That was a fun birthday. I turn 60 in October and celebrating with my husband who is also turning 60 in early November. We will be going on a cruise in a month with about 100 people. I'm counting that as my celebration. Happy 40th birthday!
  • jspanman
    jspanman Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Got seriously drunk with friends and family!
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    ill let you know is 14 years lol :bigsmile: BUT for my mom....i threw her a big surprised party!!! It was 4 years ago though but she was so happy and surprised! A lot of our family and friends were there she would of never expected!!
  • Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I took a "me" day...facial,massage,pedi. Had one of those sex toy parties at my house with a bunch of my girlfriends and drank lots of wine! :)
  • Buttafa
    Buttafa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a great question Lindonesia! I'm turning 40 in January 2015, and with my birthday falling on a Saturday, I want to do something fun/big. I'm thinking of a weekend get away with my sweetie, but I'm also open to suggestions.
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am really good at celebrating my birthday! Here is what I did for my 40th:

Morning: Massage, facial, manicure and pedicure
    Afternoon: Lunch with friends and some shopping
    Evening: Dinner and drinks with friends, followed by private striptease lessons at a local dance studio with my girlfriends

All of us were afraid to take the striptease class so had a few drinks before hand. I am not sure we ever laughed so hard in our life. It has provided many very funny memories that I will always treasure.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in October. We'll probably do something at my mom's the weekend before (my birthday is mid week) and then move the party to the International Balloon Fiesta for a night glow or something later on that evening.

After that, I'm taking a week off I and the family are going to California for a little fun in the sun and some surf. We're staying 7 nights in San Clemente...we have some chill days planned, but also taking the kiddos to Disneyland for the first time and we'll also be taking in the San Diego zoo and also doing a Dolphin/Whale safari. My wife's present to me is a two hour surf lesson for which she will take the kids and leave me alone on the beach plus an extra hour after the lesson.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My husband and kids gave me a lovely party. My Mother decided I was old enough to be given a lovely ring that's been in the family for over 100 years. Very special day .......
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    So I was unconventional...I went to my Fiancee funeral. I don't recomend it.
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Vegas, baby! Turned 40 in May but went over 4th of July weekend this year. Had a great time!

Yup! I turned 40 in March. Went to Vegas in April. Shows, a day at the spa, slots, and people watching. It was so fun and relaxing!
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Vegas! Made a quick 2-day trip and celebrated my actual birthday on Freemont Street. There's a TON of things to do even if you're not into gambling - my husband had all the non-gambling stuff scoped out. Awesome time.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I had several friends that I celebrated with. We went out for dinner and drinks, and just had a blast! As a matter of fact, every time we go there now, we request the same server... often times she see's us and asks them to seat us in her section :laugh:
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I had just gotten seperated from my wife so not much. I went to lunch by myself and had a milkshake. lol Then I bought myself a new pair of sunglasses. Exciting huh?
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    By having a baby. My youngest was born a few weeks before my 40th birthday.

I still wouldn't mind having another at my age. I loved being pregnant.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Options
    a nice BIG glass of Metamucil... and I was in bed by 8

:laugh: