Chinese?

Options
So on saturdays I like to indulge a bit. I do not go overboard but I allow myself to eat whatever i have been craving. Tomorrow, we are eating at a chinese buffet. My favorite foods are orange chicken, chicken fried rice, sweet and sour pork. I will, of course, keep my portions small, but are there any chinese buffet foods that are better than others???

Replies

• prencesskl
    Options
    I don't know about buffetts, but are kitchen is getting remodeled so we have been eating out a lot this last week, (hell of a week to start a diet right?) tonight we ordered from chinese, and I got pork and chicken with mixed veggies and brown rice. When i looked it up the amount I ate, wasn't that bad. I think as long as you stay away from the fried stuff you shouldn't be so bad off.
  • Brighteyes_7916
    Options
    Thanks for the info...i really hope the place we are going has brown rice...that will be helpful! Thanks for the info hun and you are doing a great job!
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat Chinese too much because then I crave it more! lol!!

My friend says chicken and broccoli with steamed rice isn't all that bad...she's following weight watchers and is able to stay within her points for the day when she has that.

I'd say watch how much you eat...the sweet and sour pork might be high in calories because of the sugar in the sauce and the pork is probably fried, right? However, you have to live ya know? Use portion control and enjoy what you do eat. :flowerforyou:
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    half of chinese buffets are fried foods but they also have many steamed dishes. i really like the chinese broccoli with black mushrooms and oyster sauce. also, many chinese buffets offer hot soybean milk (it would be near the soups section) that could sate your hunger. it's very healthy and so much better tasting than american soy milk brands - not as rich, and you can add sugar to your liking. :)
  • RhondaGetFitDiLeo
    Options
    You can do the dishes loaded with veggies and you'll be fine. The rice is never good for a diet and the breaded, fried & deep fried stuff obviously also not good. But put it like this...have you ever seen an over weight person from China??? Just watch you portions carefully!!!