Did I screw up my whole diet?

Options
So I only have 8lbs left to lose until 100 and tonight I had a huge cheat meal I went out to get chinese food I had 8 chicken fingers, a lot of boneless spearribs, some rice and a lot of others thing which probably added up to around 1500 calories in one sitting! 1500 is usually my daily goal. I only burned around 300 calories today.. So the question is how much weight do you think I'll gain from this ??

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No clue, but it sounded yummy, so whatever happens, you had that.

If you've lost 90 pounds, this cannot be your first slip...can it?

Just get back on the horse. Keep going. You'll get there.
  • Cole7612
    Cole7612 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You did not screw up your diet as long as you get back on track tomorrow. Chances are you will gain more water weight then actual fat it's actually pretty hard to gain a pound of fat. You will be fine!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You did not screw up your diet at all. The important thing is tomorrow to get back on track tomorrow. You're already eating at a deficit and you might bloat up a bit from the sodium but just drink a lot of water for that. If anything, you probably ate near maintenance today meaning you won't gain actual weight from it.

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • caesar164
    caesar164 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Yo can't be serious lol... One meal is not going to undo everything you have done... Some people may say that a cheat meal like this may actually stimulate your metabolism.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So I only have 8lbs left to lose until 100 and tonight I had a huge cheat meal I went out to get chinese food I had 8 chicken fingers, a lot of boneless spearribs, some rice and a lot of others thing which probably added up to around 1500 calories in one sitting! 1500 is usually my daily goal. I only burned around 300 calories today.. So the question is how much weight do you think I'll gain from this ??

You lost 92lbs and never once had days where you went over or didn't have a day you didn't exercise/have a calorie burn?
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Chill out! You've been doing a superb job. One meal is not going to kill your work.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say 3 lbs. Of water. From all the sodium in the food, which will be flushed out of your system in a few days.

You didn't lose 92 lbs just from eating one salad, you're not going to gain from one meal either.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you'll gain about 0.15 pounds

per minute
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Don't forget- SKINNY PEOPLE PIG OUT SOMETIMES. They do! They eat junky meals or splurge on dessert. They go to weddings and parties and have big meals and get drunk on wine and have seconds on cake. Normal people will occasionally have big eating days. The point is that it's not every day. When your lifestyle is active and healthy these days are totally okay. You have lost over 90lbs....you know how to be healthy and one meal won't change that! Don't deprive yourself, mark it as one special event and move on back to good habits tomorrow!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What an incredible job you've done! Wow congratulations! You might retain water because of the huge amounts of sodium in Chinese food, but that will pass after a couple of days.
  • SEAFOODMAN
    SEAFOODMAN Posts: 342
    Options
    you can double that and do a 36hr fast and it will be gone
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    All of it.
  • Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    After all you're hard work, I think a nice cheat meal like this was well earned :). Just get back on track tomorrow. As long as this isn't how you are going to eat every day, you haven't screwed up your whole diet.

oh and I doubt you'll gain much from that..like an above poster mentioned, the high sodium might make you retain water for a little, but once you get back on track you'll be fine :)