New Work out routine + How long will it take?

Options
Lose too much weight in a short amount of time = excess skin. Not what I want.
I'd like to lose a good amount of weight. I want to lose about 20-26 pounds and then slowly lose more.
I weigh 166lbs and have lost about 33 pounds. I've certainly come a long way. I lost that in about a year.

I want to start this in about a week or two (I first want to complete and finish up the 30 Day Shred)
Anyways, I made this schedule up. *How does it sound?

Monday- 4.5- 6 miles (power and brisk walking)
Tuesday- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 3 (I've been using this and it's helped) Dumbbells are 8lbs each
Wednesday- 4.5-6 miles (power walking and brisk walking)
Thursday- Pilates (30 minutes) Playing soccer outside for about 25 minutes
Friday- Yoga (35 minutes a day) and Dumbbell exercises
Saturday- 4.5-6 miles (power walking and brisk walking)
Sunday- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Level 3 -Dumbbells I use are 8lbs each.

At first I wanted to walk 4.5 Miles and do the 30 Day Shred level 3 each day but I'm afraid it may be too much. I don't want any extra skin obviously. *How long do you think it'd take me to reach my goal weight of approx. 140lbs? I'm 5'4" and I'm 18 years old.
I currently eat around 1300 calories a day. Do you think the amount of calories I take in a day is fine? I want to build some muscle and lose more fat.
I also add a 10 minute exercise for each day. Which includes Dumbbell exercises, pushups, squats, resistance bands,etc
Any other tips?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I also add a 10 minute exercise for each day. Which includes Dumbbell exercises, pushups, squats, resistance bands,etc

I would replace that and the light-weight Jillian lifts with a structured, full-body program using heavy resistance, every 2-3 days. It's much better at maintaining maintain lean body mass during weight loss. NROL & Stronglifts are popular lifting programs here.

It's hard to predict when you'll reach your goal weight, but 4-6 pounds per month is typical. Eat at least 65-80 grams of protein, to help maintain lean body mass. And if you don't eat super healthy all the time, take a multivitamin.
    Lose too much weight in a short amount of time = excess skin.

That is an old myth. It started because skin can take 1-2 years to snap back, so losing weight slowly makes that process less noticeable. Since skin elasticity declines with age, lose the weight sooner rather than later.
  • OceanLove3
    OceanLove3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I would replace that and the light-weight Jillian lifts with a structured, full-body program using heavy resistance, every 2-3 days. It's much better at maintaining maintain lean body mass during weight loss. NROL & Stronglifts are popular lifting programs here.

It's hard to predict when you'll reach your goal weight, but 4-6 pounds per month is typical. Eat at least 65-80 grams of protein, to help maintain lean body mass. And if you don't eat super healthy all the time, take a multivitamin.
    Lose too much weight in a short amount of time = excess skin.

That is an old myth. It started because skin can take 1-2 years to snap back, so losing weight slowly makes that process less noticeable. Since skin elasticity declines with age, lose the weight sooner rather than later.

Thank you!