I wanna cry - anyone...?

Anyone losing weight but not inches, it says I have lost 9lb on my ticker but I have actually lost almost 11lb as at yesterday yet I have only lost an a centimeter around my waist and about 3 centimeters around my hip. It doesn't encourage me much and I keep wondering until when will I feel my clothes getting loose? Anyone having the same problems? I often see posts of people rather losing inches but not weight.

I'm 31 and 5'5 tall.

Replies

• You probably just need to be a little more patient. Looking at your ticker...... 9lbs is only 5% of your starting weight, so I guess it's not going to show just yet. I imagine that exercise would help more with the inches, but not really an expert in that field.

Hang on in there and you will see results. Good luck :)
  • Delitebabe
    Delitebabe Posts: 96 Member
    I see all this trememdous progress peolple are making on here and I wonder if I may be doing it wrong, I guess i sould just stop comparing with everyone and let my body do it at its own pace!!!

Thanks for your response.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    When I was starting out at 195lbs , it took losing about 15-20 lbs before my clothes started feeling looser. Now that I'm in smaller sizes, there is less margin for error; 5 lbs in either direction can make a difference in how my clothes look and feel.

Hang in there, you're making great progress. And don't compare yourself to others, we are all different. :flowerforyou:
  • zac775
    zac775 Posts: 199 Member
    Hi,

Everything can fluctuate on a day to day basis, weight, size etc. Remember it could be water retention, food that had diagreed with you so bloating.

Just take it one step at a time I know I have been there and questioned it too, stick to the plan and play by the rules and it will work.

If you fall off the diet wagon, just have a chat with yourself, brush yourself down and get back on. Always remember dont think of this as horrible thing, it a brand new step in your life and treat yourself every now and again if you have worked hard you deserve it, I dont mean go mad lol but do it to keep you sane and on track.

I fell off the wagon and have on been back on for the past five days but I can feel and see a difference in myself, we will all get there togetther with the support of family and our friend at home and on here.

I wish all good luck with there goals as we will all achive them, and help other to do so.

S.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Stick with it and you will start to notice changes, trust me, you have to trust the process and be patient. Add me and I'll encourage you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    It takes patience and time (I'm very impatient myself) and can be very frustrating. You have to trust in the process, you're doing fantastic!