Zucchini Recipes

Options

Replies

• crpeterson84
    crpeterson84 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Slice the zuchinni- about 2/3 of the way down (so the bottom is still holding the zuchinni together. You'll make 3 or 4 slices like that. In between each slice drizzle a small amount of olive oil, add pepper, and light feta cheese. Wrap in aluminum foil and grill. So so easy- but so so good.
  • Sweetvirgo63
    Sweetvirgo63 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My lunch today:

Zucchini noodles [stir-fried in a bit of oil until tender] - I used a julienne peeler to make the noodles
    1/2 cup mango chunks
    1 low-calorie turkey sausage [cooked & chopped up]

More delicious than I thought it would be!
  • leahannhorton
    leahannhorton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I always sautee zucchini with sweet peppers, squash, and sweet onions. Add a little Olive Oil and some McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning. Taste just like what they serve at restaurants and depending on how much oil you add, it it less than 150 cals! Pair with some grilled fish or chicken, and you have a great 200ish calorie dinner!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i'm having to buy my zucchini this year because the squirrel decided the baby zucchinis (like smaller than my pinky) and flowers were tasty) and didn't leave me any. grump grump harumph.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ZOODLES! Spiral them and use them as noodles instead of pasta. Search pinterest for ideas! Add other cut up veggies (peppers, broccoli, etc) and pasta sause.

Yeah...theres a new gadget called a veggetti, its a spiral vegetable cutter.
    Turns your every day veggies into spirals to give you the "noodle" look for different "pasta" dishes.
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    I love Zucchini so I can't wait to try all of these recipes. Now I wish I could make at least one right now.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    My default method for cooking zucchini is to grill them. I'm surprised no one else has posted this yet.

Slice in half inch rounds or lengthwise. Spray with some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill on a cast iron griddle pan or outdoor BBQ. I guess you could do these under the broiler as well. You can dress with a little balsamic or sherry vinegar before serving.

You can freeze the grilled zucchini in freezer bags (leave off the vinegar) and microwave later.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Here's a quick squash casserole I made last night. 4 ounces finely shredded zucchini, 1 finely shredded carrot, 3 ounces chopped tomato, 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, 3 sliced mushrooms, 1 tbs minced garlic, 1/2 cup oats (I usually use quinoa flakes, but I was out), 2 ounces diced chicken, 3 tbs parm cheese, 1/2 cup water, salt, pepper, basil, a few drops of pepper sauce. Mix all and microwave for about 5 minutes, or bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Serves 2.

imagejpg1_zps2588db9b.jpg
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    My Fav! 145 calories per cupcake

Zucchini Cupcakes

Flour, 2 Cup
    Cinnamon, 2 tsp
    Baking soda, 2 tsp
    Morton - Salt, 1 tsp
    Baking Powder (Fin), 0.25 tsp
    Large Grade A Eggs, 3 egg (
    Sugar, 1.5 cup
    Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
    Raw - Zucchini, 3 medium
    Powdered Sugar, 1/8 cup
    All Natural Applesauce Unsweetened, 1/2 cup
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 8 tbsp

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Grease a cupcake mold with nonstick spray.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
    In a large bowl, stir together sugar,eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, oil and shredded or grated zucchini.
    Add dry ingredients to wet and stir until just combined.
    Pour mixture into cupcake molds, filling each ¾ of the way, and bake for 17-18 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
    Remove from the oven and allow to cool
    Lightly sift powered sugar over cooled cupcakes and enjoy.
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bump
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2014/07/35-skinny-zucchini-recipes.html

Love this website! here are 35 recipes you would enjoy! (13 and 14 look amazing!)
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Zoodles and Yoodles with Garlic
    Kevin Lee Jacobs (www.kevinleejacobs.com)

Ingredients for 1 large or 2 modest servings
    2 zucchini, each no longer than 8 inches in length
    2 yellow squash, 5-8 inches in length
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter
    1 tablespoon olive oil (or the oil of your choice)
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper — a generous pinch of each
    2 teaspoons minced parsley
    2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan, Romano, or Asiago cheese

Special Equipment: a julienne peeler

1. Slice off the stem and blossom ends of the zucchini and yellow squash. Using the julienne peeler, peel the squash until you reach the seed-filled cores. Save the cores for soup, or for raw eating.

2. Heat the butter and oil in a skillet set over a medium flame. When the butter melts, add the garlic, and saute for 15 seconds. Then add the julienne strips of squash, and saute until just heated through — 60-90 seconds.

3. Divide the squash between 2 plates, and top with the parsley and cheese. Serve immediately.
  • Smoofalz
    Smoofalz Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I through something together the other week, and thought it came out amazing. Sliced up some zucchini, threw it in a glass baking dish with tomato sauce, onions and some homemade meatballs my mom gave me (You could use whatever meat you want or have on hand) and topped it off with some low fat shredded mozzarella. Baked it for 20 mins to a half an hour on like 350 (until zucchini seemed cooked though, also saved some of the cheese to put on towards the end actually) It was so easy and me and my husband loved it. Way healthier than if I would have used pasta or something instead.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Zucchini, Mushrooms, Chicken Breast.

Cut Up.
    Cook in pan.
    Add Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, Plain Greek Yogurt, Heavy Cream, whatever creamy goodness you have
    Add Spices and dijon mustard
    Eat.
  • Brunette_H
    Brunette_H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like them raw and made this for dinner last night - it was delicious with some charred lamb:

Makes 2 large servings at approx 80 calories/serving

Ingredients:
    3 small zucchini
    approx 3 - 4 tablespoons low fat Greek yoghurt
    1 - 2 red chillies, depending on how spicy you like it, finely chopped
    squeeze of lemon juice
    large pinch sea salt

Grate zucchini and put them in a colander over the sink. Add the salt and mix in with your hands. Leave for 30 minutes, for the liquid to drain off. Lightly squeeze the zucchini then mix with the yoghurt, chillies and lemon juice.
  • tashigolean33
    Options
    turn them into noodles

Inspiralized.com has tons of recipes with veggies spiralized into noodles
  • Roxmom66
    Roxmom66 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I second skinnytaste.com! Always great recipes.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I just made this but with zucchini instead of the cauliflower (cook for a few minutes with the dried spices before adding the tomatoes and chickpeas, and don't add the extra water): http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/mar/03/cauliflower-chickpea-curry-recipe?INTCMP=SRCH
  • 78105234a
    78105234a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump