Favorite way to eat cottage cheese?

Options
I know cottage cheese is the most cliche diet food on earth but I am actually interested in eating it. I find it appetizing and it's a good source of protein for when I don't feel like cooking meats. I haven't had it in a while and I see a lot of people eat it with different toppings and mix ins so I wanted to get some new ideas.

How do you like to eat your cottage cheese?

Replies

• debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    With Pineapple
  • reachingforarainbow
    reachingforarainbow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    With Chopped up tomatoe and italian seasoning.... yummy!
    I occasionally get the premixed ones with fruit.
    Sometimes add in a sweet cereal (this probably seems weird but ohwell)
  • sue1134
    sue1134 Posts: 2
    Options
    Add a teaspoon of mint jelly or a teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce. I also add a spoon of mint jelly to natural yoghurt as a topping for my salads.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,707 Member
    Options
    I use it in cooking to replace ricotta or mozarella.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    By killing it with fire.

Seriously though: I *hate* cottage cheese. The only time I can ever manage to sneak it into my food is when I make lasagna, I use it in place of ricotta and though the nasty little curds are still visible, I don't taste it.
  • melainamm
    melainamm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I mix the following and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes:

1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup chunky vegetable spaghetti sauce
    1 and 1/2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
    1 T. Parmesan cheese
    1 tsp Italian seasoning
  • melainamm
    melainamm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    or make a pancake mix out of:

1 whole egg
    1/2 cup oat flour
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I prefer mine savory. I usually eat it plain or with cracked black pepper. But on occasion I'll add olives, fresh tomatoes or salsa.
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    it sounds silly, but i just started eating the daisy cottage cheese and it comes in the form of litle pearls. what i like to do is scoop some into a strainer and rinse of the liquid. the little pearls taste like little pieces of mozzerella and i put it on my salad. it made it easier to eat and enjoy.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I like it with fresh fruit and stevia for sweetness. Another way is just salt and pepper. I also toss it in a salad. I love it and could just eat it out of the container.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    With diced tomatoes and lots of black pepper. If you want some carbs put all that on top toast. YUM!!:bigsmile:
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    with any kind of fruit. If you really want to add to the protein, plain or chive cottage cheese is good mixed with tuna
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I only eat my cottage cheese savory, but my favourite way (other than with just a little salt and pepper) is to eat it mixed with sauerkraut. And then watch my husband make grossed out faces at me.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Pineapple and mandarin oranges!
  • moraiwebird
    moraiwebird Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    On top of a spinach salad (spinach + blueberries + grapes)!

Or mixed with chopped cherry tomatoes and a couple cracks of fresh ground pepper.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Jello!!!!
  • afanco
    afanco Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My wife made ice cream out of it yesterday. Consistency isn't as good as real ice cream. Tasted like cheesecake. Pretty good!

Typically I eat it with cracked pepper though.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    The only way: with maple syrup
  • jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    These are all some great idea. I never really thought about doing it savory and the pancake idea is genius. Thanks to everyone who posted so far and everyone who keeps posting.