It's Saturday! What are you going to do with it?

Options
Happy Saturday, everyone! it's a lovely 6.5 degrees here! WhooHooo!

What's on tap for you today? I'm going to be working on my ham radio setup, adding a packet station to it, then this afternoon, headed down to Greenwood to meet about 50 Geocachers for a late lunch and event. :) It's going to be a great day!

How about you?

Replies

• lillmssy
    Options
    Good Morning.....I am up and at work today. Started at 4am. We have you beat weather wise. It is 1 degree here. Whooo Hooooo !
    My family is gone for the weekend. All boys. They left yesterday. So I plan on doing any girly thing I want when I get home and looking forward to it. :)
  • katieedie
    Options
    You've inspired me IndyRick. I am heading over to Hampstead Heath, the biggest green space in London (and just across the street from me), to do some gadding about. Have a great day.
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    morning! i'm workig til 2pm, then i'm going for a run and then RELAXIN!!! looking forward to being off work until wednesday!! woop woop!
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My Saturday involves a bunch of work, but I just finished a ride on my stationary bike. That makes 22 workouts in the 22 days of 2011.

Good thread!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Balmhy 5 degrees here too...ugh, I am so sick of winter!

Odds & ends mostly on the agenda for the day... some cleaning, laundry. Will squeeze in a walk or a workout somewhere along the way, just not sure where yet.

Have a great day everyone!
  • mistym1967
    Options
    It's a lovely -1 this morning but with the windchill it is an exceptional -14...woohoo.

I plan on doing things in the house that need to get done such as finish painting my dining room, taking the Christmas decorations back to the basement, getting boxes around for the Salvation Army.

Nothing spectacular. Not much to do when it's so cold out.

Happy Saturday.
  • IndyRick
    IndyRick Posts: 172
    Options
    Thanks, everyone. I really enjoy reading what people are doing with their day, and I try to start this thread daily. :)
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day off for me, I've been to the gym every day this week so I feel that a rest day is on the cards.

I also have to go to a meeting to organise a Yorkshire 3 peak challenge.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    what do i do on a sat??
    well extra exersice of course!!!
    i do hope we arnt taking the weekends off from it...tut tut tut
    xx
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Here in the northwest of England (I'm near a place called Blackpool) it's 3 degrees celsius. Not much planned as I fell and hurt my knee on Thursday ( I sooooooo wanted to cry but held it back). The knee is bruised, scabby and sore so I'm resting up.

I'll be settling down this evening with a glass of red wine, my weekend treat.

Have a loverly weekend everyone!

Louise
    XXXXXXX
  • LivingFree
    Options
    It's -8 (feels like -15) here in Nova Scotia, Canada. Our house is for sale and today is all about a house showing. Most of the cleaning done yesterday so the finishing touches today. Fingers crossed this the the one!
  • crazytxmom
    crazytxmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow! And I've been whining about temps in the mid-thirties. Brrr!! This Texas girl can't wait for summer!

Today we finish moving my boyfriend out of his apartment and into my house. I helped him move into it 2 years ago so I know that man's got some stuff!!
  • MsSunshine2011
    Options
    My roommates are out on saturdays so I'll be home to enjoy the peace and the quietness. Watch some tv, read a good book, get online and have a glass of wine.
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Its 5 degrees here in Wisconsin, and the wife and I cleared the living room last night so that the both of us could work out together and not hit eachother. After I vaccumed, she mentioned that now that stuff is moved that today would be a good day to shampoo the carpet.

Thanks hunny. Add that to the list of chores to keep the peace in home. lol
  • girlsaint
    girlsaint Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have to catch up on my treadmill kilometers if I want to make my goal of 100km for the month. This whole back to work thing is messing with my exercise lol.

By the way I used to geocache. It has been a long time, but it was fun while I was doing it, and I have been studying for my HAM ticket on and off for years but have never been motivated enough to actually go write the exam, (both my parents are HAMS
    VE1 MM and VE1 BIP)

I thought for a minute you were here in Nova Scotia- I live in Greenwood....NS :)

Oh, and it is -7c here and with the windchill it is -17c
    brr
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Gym as soon as I get my contacts in... then prepare for a double birthday party for my husband and Father in Law tonight. Hub's was yesterday, FIL's today. They're both named Fritz so we're calling it Fritzmas!

It'll also be the first time my siblings, their spouses, nieces & nephews meet the in-laws. We had a small courthouse wedding with only our parents.

So with lots of food and cake... I really NEED to hit the gym this morning to undo the damage I'll do later! :laugh:
  • Bob1062
    Bob1062 Posts: 38
    Options
    After yesterdays -14, I wake up to a balmy 9 this morning. Today is my cheat day and my day off from working out. Got plenty of things to do around the house that will burn calories and need to get out and shovel since it was too cold to do that yesterday. That also will burn some calories. I guess even on the off days from the equipment I still find ways to burn the fat.
    Happy Saturday everyone and stay warm.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Nothing so exciting or me I'm afraid. Cleaning house from top to bottom. We're in the middle of having a wet room installed, and my goodness the house is covered in dust. Need to get it cleaned up before the guys come back Monday. Oh and maybe have a drink or two. Will count them though....no going over for me. Enjoy your day!!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Going to the Joe Louis Arena for a Red Wings game with my boyfriend and after the Wings game we're heading over to the International Auto Show!! :happy: Lots of walking and lots of stairs for me today!!
  • nickyevans
    nickyevans Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Have made carrot and coriander soup for lunch and we are now heading to the park with Smudge our whippet puppy.