Is it worth it to spend money for a personal trainer

Options
13»

Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Never paid for a personal trainer, never would. Way too much money... and $10,000??? I'd have laughed my way right out the door.
  • leithsullivan
    Options
    I'm a freelance personal trainer in the space coast area. I charge anywhere from tips only for certain clients to 200$ a week all depends on what you want from me. Asking for 10g up front? I wouldn't even imagine it.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    spend money as in the blanket title - yes,

spend $10,000 for a year's contract - HE11Z NOOOOOOOO!!!!!

you better shop elsewhere. hey, if you really wanna get rid of $10,000 - I'm really broke, I can email you my address!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Did you have a "screw me today" note taped to your back? No, seriously... I've spent a lot of money on personal training over the years, and I'm still fat. :ohwell: But I feel good! :happy: Don't get me wrong, I think hiring a personal trainer can be a great thing, especially for accountability, push and sometimes just to get a good jump start, especially if you get the right one for you. One size does not fit all. However, after that ridiculous quote, I wouldn't even trust that person for a short period. A good trainer will work in a way that will make you want to continue with him/her, and you won't be railroaded into a commitment for a year. A good trainer will likely have several clients and won't need to squeeze the hell out of one to get the bills paid. I've never heard of such. That sounds like desperation to me. I suggest you keep it moving and shop around. I wouldn't commit to any period with any trainer longer than 30 days to begin with to see if it's a good fit. You can always reevaluate and add more sessions as you like. Let them accommodate you, not the other way around. Don't do it!