only calories?...

Options
Should I only worry about counting the calories or do I also need to worry about watching the carbs and fat and such?? I am in the green with calories but my other counters are sometimes in the red. I would like to watch, but I don't want to be completely limited to salads and non fats as longs as my calories are in range.

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i only usally worry about the calories...after all thats what counts right! :)
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I look at the other items, i also have quite a few in the red on a daily basis, but as long as i am under my calorie goal all is good. If you are concerned about weight loss that is all that matters. If you are under your goal you will lose weight.
    I am living proof it works.
    Hope this helps.
  • jessemerson86
    jessemerson86 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm going to disagree with the other posters so far. Calories are not the only thing that counts, especially on a site called my FITNESSpal. Your sodium levels and water intake can greatly effect changes in weight (e.g. water retention due to too much sodium and not enough water). Also, protein and fiber levels should be higher as foods high in protein and fiber help keep you fuller longer (and thus, less likely to snack and snack and snack). Protein is also important down the road if you are looking to build muscle mass (or are working out more than you did previously) as your muscles need protein to help repair themselves. Also, if you watch the weight loss tracker at the bottom of the diary, you'll notice that on days you eat more carbs/fat the prediction of how much weight you will lose is lower than on days you are under on carbs/fat. So while it is important for calories to be under to achieve weight loss, they are by no means all that count.
  • lillmssy
    Options
    I'm going to agree with Jesse.....In order to have a healthy life style I think you should watch all areas.
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    i just watch the calories for now till i'm a bit further along then i will start watching the others