itching for a new tat

Options

Replies

• jillxmadelynne
    Options
    Going to get a new one Tuesday. This time I get to take my husband along so he can loose his tattoo virginity :) I agree that you should work with your artist. My best tattoos are when I have gone to the artist with an idea and a few things that I want to have integrated but allowing them to arrange it and tweak it to fit my body.
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    me too me too! Just unsure of the desired location.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    For my tattoo which is a pretty big back piece, I took 2 pictures of the design of what I wanted and my artist designed it for me. I'm already ready for another tattoo,its been 2 yrs since my first. thinking shoulders or front chest area right below the neckline. haven't decided yet, but pinterest has great tattoo images as well as google images search.
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I took a picture of an anchor to my artist and next thing I know I am walking out with one that looks nothing like the picture and its now part of a half sleeve. I love it so much. I refuse to go to anyone but her. I think I found the original picture by just Googling ideas, but I agree with the others about Pinterest. Good luck!
  • NotRailMeat
    NotRailMeat Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    These are the images I am giving my tattooist for inspiration on my next one: Classic pin-up on a vintage anchor with my wife's name incorporated somehow. Location will most likely be on my calf.

classic-anchor-girl-tattoo.jpg
    black-rose-and-pin-up-girl-sitting-on-anchor-tattoo.jpg

And before anyone comments about putting names in a tattoo, you should know that we have been together almost 20 years and are closer today than ever.
  • NastyNinja
    NastyNinja Posts: 120
    Options
    I like the tats. I like ones that are oiginal and personal. If I see another tribal this or old english that, I will flip. Unless you have some sort of historic connection that relates to tribal markings, seriously, what's the point? I know it's all in personal preference but I do like to have a story when someone asks me "Why?" or "What does it mean?" The classic pin-up is definitely a great look, and obviously you like to sail. Looks awesome. Just need to find that next aspect of my life to put on there. My wife and I both agreed to not put each other's name on our bodies. Still thinking....ugh. It's all about the inspiration to find an image that is me. The struggle.
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I want to get mine removed lol
  • NastyNinja
    Options
    Oh no! What did you have that you want to get removed? I am hoping to never have that happen.
  • gallifreyfallsnomore1
    Options
    Tattos look great on others, I don't think I would look good with a tat. I'm probably too self-conscious.
  • NastyNinja
    Options
    Tattos look great on others, I don't think I would look good with a tat. I'm probably too self-conscious.

tattoos are not for everyone and if you decide to get one, you will know it when you see the right image or picture in your head. Just has to be about you. If you are proud of the tat and what is stands for, you won't be self-conscious about it for long. Best of luck!
  • NurseGetHealthy216
    NurseGetHealthy216 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I would consider myself a tattoo enthusiast, lol I have some big pieces and totally have the itch for more. I get inspiration from pinterest and instagram quite often, especially instagram. I follow alot of local and global tattoo artists who are always posting sketches of work they are dying to put out. Hope you share what you get with us!! I have some pics of mine up, if you wanna check it out:tongue:
  • NastyNinja
    Options
    I would consider myself a tattoo enthusiast, lol I have some big pieces and totally have the itch for more. I get inspiration from pinterest and instagram quite often, especially instagram. I follow alot of local and global tattoo artists who are always posting sketches of work they are dying to put out. Hope you share what you get with us!! I have some pics of mine up, if you wanna check it out:tongue:

Ok, I was going to throw my pics up but apparently can't find a way to do it. Oh well.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what you want. my last piece I got on my thigh was an art piece that the tattoo artist had created and I really liked it. my next one is the pantera logo on my right foot
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh no! What did you have that you want to get removed? I am hoping to never have that happen.

It's just an open heart on my inner forearm, about the size of 2 quarters side by side. It's not offensive or anything, but I got it when I was 17 during a ~rebel~ phase and it's just not me anymore. It's not enough for me to drop $$$$ to get it removed (it would be about $900 probably) but if I could go back I wouldn't have gotten it.
  • NastyNinja
    Options

It's just an open heart on my inner forearm, about the size of 2 quarters side by side. It's not offensive or anything, but I got it when I was 17 during a ~rebel~ phase and it's just not me anymore. It's not enough for me to drop $$$$ to get it removed (it would be about $900 probably) but if I could go back I wouldn't have gotten it.

Do you think you can turn it into something else? It is definitely better than a lady bug or other things I have seen people get their first time! Open heart can at least mean something about you or someone you are dating. Kind of hard to give deep meaning into a lady bug lol.
  • GameGirl777
    GameGirl777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Pinterest and Google images are good inspirations. Just think of something you'll love forever and look up images or work with a tattoo artist to create a design.

For me, I worship the sun and that's going to be my next tat. Just need to figure out the exact design. Good Luck!
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to give myself three things for my birthday in June...

#1. Meet my final goal and transition to lifelong maintenance (a girl can dream right??)
    #2. A divorce
    #3. A feminine phoenix or orobouros tattoo...I'm thinking 2-3" on my ribcage under my left arm
  • NastyNinja
    Options
    I am hoping to give myself three things for my birthday in June...

#1. Meet my final goal and transition to lifelong maintenance (a girl can dream right??)
    #2. A divorce
    #3. A feminine phoenix or orobouros tattoo...I'm thinking 2-3" on my ribcage under my left arm

I love the pheonix idea! The rebirth from death. I am a June Birthday too!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    ami james has a new site called tatoodo
  • Gawanne
    Gawanne Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nothing personally against tattoos, but what happens if you shrink with loose skin, or get wrinkly with age? I ask because some of the guys I once worked with where having them removed in their late fifties and early sixties. Ex sailors with anchors etc.