weight watchers vs MFP

Options
13»

Replies

• rotay1960
    rotay1960 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    There is a way to track WW points plus on MFP, along with calories. If you're interested say so and I'll see if I can find the thread.

I would like to know how to do this.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine was doing WW and couldn't figure out why she wasn't losing weight...yeah, she was eating all her daily points plus 2-3 bananas, a bowlful of grapes, and a couple of apples every day.

I have a friend with a similar problem...she has her points plus 2-3 bananas, a half quart of strawberries, mass quantities of coffee mixed with International Delight creamer (1/2 coffee, 1/2 creamer). She doesn't count any of those.

She turns up her nose at MFP as she sometimes gains, sometimes maintains on WW.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    There is a way to track WW points plus on MFP, along with calories. If you're interested say so and I'll see if I can find the thread.

I would like to know how to do this.
    I stuck a link at the very bottom of my profile. The script is not smart enough to exclude free foods so you'll have to do that on your own. Logging them in their own diary section makes it easier. The thread is long and the process took me ages to get to work but hopefully you'll have better luck.

About the people not logging cream and eating 1000 calories a day of fruit, that's not really 'doing WW'. Any diet done wrong enough will have bad results.
  • BethReads
    Options
    I had great success on the WW program as it was in 2001, but not when I've tried it lately. My issue with WW besides the cost and their dated site is thye keep changing the program every couple years to grab more cash. I don't want to relearn all the points values every time. Calories don't change, so a year from now when I'm on maintenance it will be the same. Besides, a company that makes more money if you fail than if you succeed is a bad sign. Of course they want you to lose half a pound or so, that way you pay longer.