Am I eating enough?

Options
First off I am curently 298.6 5' 6" Usually I try to stay within the calories alloted to me 1630 no less than 1350 each day, recently I discovered Low impact aerobics and it is surprisingly easy on my knees so i have taken a liking to it and do about 60-90 mins a day, I still eat at least 1300+ cal usually about 1460 most day but my net is sooo low 400-600 a day, I do not feel particularly hungry and my energy is good, do I need to up my net calories consumed each day or is eating 1400+ real calories sufficient/ day.

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Your net is way too low.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I spent the first 4 months here eating 1800 calories with NO exercise and still lost quite a bit. You have to lower your calories a bit as you lose weight, so if you start low to begin with, where do you go from there?

If you went up to 1700-1800, you'd still be at a good deficit, especially with your exercise figured in.
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I spent the first 4 months here eating 1800 calories with NO exercise and still lost quite a bit. You have to lower your calories a bit as you lose weight, so if you start low to begin with, where do you go from there?

If you went up to 1700-1800, you'd still be at a good deficit, especially with your exercise figured in.

When I started I followed the recommendations but didnt exercise much just a a few times a week on treadmill and not for as long as I do aerobics and I was losing, I started low impact aerobics this month not sure what the weight will be as I weigh once a month at the end of the month. Thanks for the advice I am sure a treat/snack can bump me up to 1700+ daily.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If all your numbers are accurate and you're only netting 400-600 calories, then yes - this is beyond too low. Harming your body by depriving it of the nutrients it needs to function properly isn't doing you any favors. Net AT LEAST 1200, even that is too low for most.
  • scorpio3322
    scorpio3322 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    way to low, and in the long run you will mess up your metabolism, I know cause I have done that...go to
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ ......fill in your details and you will see that your BMR (thats exactly how many calories needs to do its daily functions even if you never got out of bed) then you will see TDEE...(thats total daily expenditures) from that number you use the 15% or 20% reduction and it will show you how many calories you have to eat ( and with that number you don't eat back exercise calories only what they say to eat) then you can go to MFP and change your ''goals'' with that number, don't worry you have enough weight to lose that with these numbers you will not gain....after you lose 5 pounds go back and change those numbers.........good luck :flowerforyou:...oh and by the way keep doing your exercise but no need to enter in MFP cause they are already calculated in the numbers you get after you enter your info in Scoobie
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • kkay3182
    kkay3182 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback will check the website out.. :smile: