starting over

Options
I have been logging in for 9days now. i dont have a scale my hubby wont allow it. i just weighed myself at the clinic. i wanna cry. i had no idea i was so heavy. I need support. my husband will no t support me. My mom died at 54 of heart attack.she was heavy. my big

Replies

• tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friends. I would like to help support you with your goals
  • riotatme23
    riotatme23 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place.

I'm fairly new myself, but I've gotten nothing but warm welcomes and sincere support. (I signed up a long time ago but just now started using MFP)

I'm proud of you for taking the first step and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!!

You don't need a scale. If you're gung ho about tracking weight, just use the scale at your local walmart or wherever (they have samples you can try) Or see a dietition. They will work with you and help you track your progress.

You are now part of a community full of people all over the world who are literally on the same journey. Different reasons, different stages, and different goals, but we're all on the same journey: to get healthy, to feel better about ourselves, to be proud of how far we've come and because we're all excited for the future.
  • ccassityii
    ccassityii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can also measure yourself, easy way to see results, especially when the scale doesn't move. Or take a trip to Walmart by yourself, and weight yourself with a scale in their store. You husband should support you in trying to get healthy! This place is full of people who like to help others succeed. They have spent a lot of time losing weight themselves. Lots of helpful tips and advices I have seen and read so far.
  • adpresto
    Options
    Everyone needs to start somewhere! Don't beat yourself up. I'm very well overweight...actually considered "obese" but that's not going to stop me from getting my act together.

I've just started this month on my diet/workouts as well. If you want, you can add me and we can go through this together!

Hope to hear from you!
    adpresto
  • MissBev4lif3
    MissBev4lif3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, this is day one for me after being away 18 months. I'm starting over as well with my weight lose journey and I have 153 to lose to be at my ideal weight. So don't worry you got this just take it one day at a time.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    your husband won't allow it? go buy a scale, you should be able to weigh yourself weekly to see your progress and stay on track.
  • afk1
    afk1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me as well. my dad also died early of heart issues and he was only 51....it took me til 55 to get serious but I am and I continue to take it day by day :flowerforyou: :smile: welcome to our family where you will be supported, get great advice, tips and "the same thing happened to me once" you have made the first step.....it is the hardest by far so congratulations and welcome :happy:
  • wasdaisy
    wasdaisy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    love8383 wrote: »
    your husband won't allow it? go buy a scale, you should be able to weigh yourself weekly to see your progress and stay on track.

I need you as a friend! Today he got upset because i used my elliptical. im tired of his controling. time to start again.