Is it realistic to lose 5 pounds in 3 weeks

Options
on my last weigh in I was down to 140 and today after 3 weeks I stepped on the scale and I am down to 135.I am now questioning if its just glitch because I set my settings to lose a pound a week. However,i do feel lighter when I wear my clothes as well.I also exercise and I don't eat all my exercise calories. I use a heart rate monitor and I eat back about 80% of them back so maybe I am creating a bigger deficient?

Replies

• smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible. Especially if you were holding on to some weight the week before. There's always one special week every month where I don't budge, then boom...3 pounds down.

Also makes a difference whether or not you weighed yourself at the same time. If you weighed yourself 3 weeks ago at night, and this time in the morning, you can't really go by that because most people are heavier at the end of the day. Try weighing the next two days in a row in the morning, right when you get up.
  • stacynoell
    stacynoell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    at my last weigh in I had lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks and in this one I lost 4.2 in 3 weeks, so its totally realistic. And I eat about 1400 to 1500 on my lifting days and 1350 on cardio only days.
  • liftnlove_
    liftnlove_ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Yes...carry on. It may fluctuate back up a lb or two before it stabilizes. Keep your eyes on the larger picture and you'll be fine.
  • Chibukalu908
    Options
    It's totally possible. Especially if you were holding on to some weight the week before. There's always one special week every month where I don't budge, then boom...3 pounds down.

Also makes a difference whether or not you weighed yourself at the same time. If you weighed yourself 3 weeks ago at night, and this time in the morning, you can't really go by that because most people are heavier at the end of the day. Try weighing the next two days in a row in the morning, right when you get up.

that makes sense and yes I weigh myself the first thing in the morning before I eat something
  • Fairlieboy
    Fairlieboy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Weight is 4 things. Bones - good. Muscle - good. Brown fat - good. Visceral fat - bad. So if you are doing exercise, you don't have as much loss from muscle, and exercise helps increase bone density. Given muscle is more dense than fat, you will see more effect from your waist, or clothes than the scales and that is better indicator of health than weight. 1 to 2 pounds per week is fine; and you can go higher. Research is pretty clear the quicker you lose weight, the more likely you are to keep the weight off after 6 months. With any weight loss goals, figure how you will keep that weight off in 6 months or 2 years. If you can, you are in a minority of less than 20% of people that actually keep it off. Make that your goal, not the weight loss this week. :smile: Try to make the loss a lifestyle / habit.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    If you weight 300 lbs yes.