needing help/ideas on meals to help lose weight.

Options
I am trying to come up with meals for the weeks to help me lose weight and stay on track..I also want to get involved with eating more fish/tuna. Any ideas on that..

Replies

• shemaiahbarton3
    shemaiahbarton3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    recently i've been doing lowfat greek yogurt and a fruit for breakfast then a snack of protein powder and a small hand full of nuts about 2-3 hrs after then 2-3 hrs later a small lunch of a meat like fish and a salad with olive oil or half of an avocado, again about 2-3 hrs after the same snack again of protein powder and nuts and the dinner some kinda cooked veggie and a cup of pasta with olive oil or meat. i make sure to measure everything so that its with in my calorie budget.... i've been doing this for about 3 weeks and its been working and i don't feel super hungry. hope thats helpful! :)
  • candice419
    Options
    I'm going to add you, ok?
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A great website to use is eatthismuch.com it helps so much. Also the facebook group im in has a ton of recipes
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Just eat less of whatever you would normally eat. There's no specific food or meal that will help you lose weight.

That said, I like eating tuna with mustard and relish. Fewer calories than mayo and I prefer to get my fats from tastier sources.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Just eat less of whatever you would normally eat. There's no specific food or meal that will help you lose weight.

That said, I like eating tuna with mustard and relish. Fewer calories than mayo and I prefer to get my fats from tastier sources.

^This.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

^This.

same thing I do. Eat what I like, just in appropriate portions for my calorie and macro goals.

problem solved.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

^This.

same thing I do. Eat what I like, just in appropriate portions for my calorie and macro goals.

problem solved.

^ me too
  • mirki002
    mirki002 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Shrimp is a really low calorie seafood that is super easy to cook. I buy them frozen and defrost in water for 10 mins, season with garlic, lemon zest, etc., and sautée with oil spray. Makes a great protein for dinner or cold over salads for lunch. :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

^This.

problem solved.

^ me too

Another vote for this.

More veggies and fruits give me more volume for my calories, so I try to include lots of those. But I haven't drastically changed my intake in order to lose weight.
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Chicken and rice is good as is Greek yogurt for meeting your macros and its yummy ^_^
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options

^This.

I do 3:2 ratio of light olive oil mayo and dijon mustard in my tuna. Also as a dip for leftover chicken or pork eaten as cold slices.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    SparkPeople.com has great recipes. I know a lot of people use SkinnyTaste.com too!
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    ChildrenCryinNCoffee Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, I'm not selling anything, but I DO have a recipe website/Instagram account. (instagram.com/mermadeintheshade) I post EVERY single meal.

My Food Diary is open and public, I share everything. I welcome ALL friend requests, the more the merrier, we inspire each other, especially if you have yummy items on your Food Diary as well!

My recipes are super easy, healthy, delicious AND AFFORDABLE

:D